• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 2 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
This thread is about motorcycle stands. Not all motorcycles have kickstands. So for some bikes, there are bike stands that attach to the rear wheel to keep the bike in bike and not getting a suntan on its side. So what you can do for some bikes is get a stand to help keep the rear up without having the bike fall on its side. Just about all competition motorcycles have their own rear stand since they don't come with kickstands. There are, however, some street bikes propped up by rear stands. I haven't seen front bike stands used, though I heard there are such things as front bike stands. The only time I've seen a stand within the center of the bike was mostly in working on motards. The rear stands usually connect to the swingarm of a motorcycle to prop it up. Check out this link for where I'm getting most of my info: < http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/sh/stand.htm >.

I personally always wondered about these rear stands. Do you have to tilt them up to a certain level to properly hold up the bike? Is it important to get a dependable and durable rear stand? Maybe you want to share any motorcycle stands you use and even recommend a certain kind of motorcycle stand. This thread involves motorcycle stands. It's a discussion thread as well as something to educate me on motorcycle stands.

Rear paddock stands are pretty easy for one person to use once you get the hang of it. Best thing if you want to get the bike on a stand by yourself is an ABBA stand. Google them and have a look, i know a lot of people that recommend them for home use over paddock stands.

My stands come in handy when I'm washing the girl. I also liked having them when I changed my rear sprocket. I usually ride my bike down to the shop for new rubber so that isn't a big deal for me. Putting them up on the stands also takes up less room in the garage.

For the life of me I can't remember what brand I have. Sad...

picture012sd9.jpg

Back