Motorola Bringing Back The RAZR (For Real This Time?)

• Thread starter Robin
  • 10 comments

Robin

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
After the disappointment of them releasing a teaser trailer back in 2016 which basically led nowhere it seems Motorola might actually be on the verge of bringing back the iconic flip phone, this time with a foldable screen. Lots of chatter going round on news outlets about this which seems to suggest a reasonably reliable source as little news has come out of them for a number years since being bought by Lenovo.

I don't know how far on the technology is to have a screen which can reliably fold at a consumer level, but that time might be very soon and at a price, a predicted £1,500 price! It's going to have to be truly spectacular if they are asking that much. Not only will it have to fold is will also have to be thin imo, as beautifully thin as the original. Or all this might just be a 3310 affordable retro phone job.

Please do it justice Motorola,

8803628-6616285-image-a-7_1548094027881.jpg

8803624-6616285-image-a-8_1548094027882.jpg

Patent images submitted in December. Looks good, especially if they keep the lid screen, it was such a useful thing.

Patent images submitted in December. Looks good, especially if they keep the lid screen, it was such a useful thing.

I'm hoping (if they release it) Motorola don't ruin it with mediocre specs. Would love to go back to using a Motorola.

I hope that as Samsung has just unveiled their $2000! Galaxy Fold it makes the RAZR a more believable incoming product although the silence is worrying.

It looks fantastic, but $1500 USD for an outdated SOC is a bit much. Still, I'm impressed considering it's a first-gen foldable.

I thought this Razr phone by Motorola is already equipped with the Snapdragon 855 processor, only to find out that it isn't.

Back