Motorsports Trivia Thread!

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 7,179 comments
I don't have a complete answer for this: how many blood relatives have raced in F1 for the same team?

So far I'm up to 5:

• Graham and Damon Hill both raced for Brabham
  • Wilson and Emerson Fittipaldi for Fittipaldi Automotive
  • Keke and Nico Rosberg for Williams
  • Michael and Ralf Schumacher for Jordan
  • Ayrton and Bruno Senna for Williams

I'm not counting in-laws, so Christian Fittipaldi and Max Papis for Footwork don't count, and the team has to be the same, so Jos Verstappen (Minardi, Stewart) and Max (Toro Rosso, Red Bull) don't either. As far as I can tell Motor Racing Developments (when Graham Hill drove for them) are considered to be Brabham.

Are there any others?

Edit to add: the Verstappens don't count twice, as Jos drove for Stewart which eventually became Red Bull.

Last edited:
Brothers Teo and Corrado Fabi for Brabham, even sharing the same car during the season in 1984.

And obviously Jack and David Brabham for Brabham, unless it's too obvious.

@Roo Jackie and Jimmy Stewart both drove for Ecurie Ecosse but only Jimmy drove for them in F1; he drove for them at the 1953 British Grand Prix and Jackie drove for Ecurie Ecosse before he signed with Ken Tyrrell in Formula Junior.

Close but not close enough.

Roo
I don't have a complete answer for this: how many blood relatives have raced in F1 for the same team?

So far I'm up to 5:

• Graham and Damon Hill both raced for Brabham
  • Wilson and Emerson Fittipaldi for Fittipaldi Automotive
  • Keke and Nico Rosberg for Williams
  • Michael and Ralf Schumacher for Jordan
  • Ayrton and Bruno Senna for Williams

I'm not counting in-laws, so Christian Fittipaldi and Max Papis for Footwork don't count, and the team has to be the same, so Jos Verstappen (Minardi) and Max (Toro Rosso) don't either. As far as I can tell Motor Racing Developments (when Graham Hill drove for them) are considered to be Brabham.

Are there any others?

Honourable mention:
Jim and Dick Rathmann both raced for two constructors (Watson, Kurtis Kraft) at the Indy 500 when it was on the Formula 1 calendar between 1950-60, however they raced for different entrants.

Last edited:
Everyone with the surname Hill who has raced in the F1 World Championship has won the title.

Gerhard Berger is the only Formula One driver who drove at every Australian Grand Prix at Adelaide.

Back