Motorstorm RC (Vita and PS3)

• Thread starter Arwin
  • 10 comments
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to drop in to heavily recommend Motorstorm RC. It's been out in Europe since the Vita launch, and will release in the US on the 6th of this month. It's a top-down racer with online leaderboards in the style of Micro Machines v3 / SuperCars / IronMan Off-Road, and it is absolutely brilliant. It has pretty deep and great handling, plenty of tracks, and a platinum trophy. It saves your progress in the cloud so if you continue playing on another PS3 or a Vita it will pick up where you left off completely automatically, as long as you're signed into PSN.

The handling is brilliant and you can really work on your best lines in the laps. It has a similar gold-junky feel as chasing gold in Gran Turismo, but takes that to an almost Angry Bird get 3 stars type addiction, and then there are several trophy goals that revolve around shaving your laptimes even closer, running a completely clean lap, beating your friends, etc.

PS3 version also supports 1080p, 3D and 4 player split-screen.

If you even remotely like racing games, don't miss this one!

Agreed, it is a great game. And it costs only like 6 Euros! Don't let the demo fool you, the game has a lot of better looking levels than the demo offers.

This game is great, for £5 this is probably my best buy so far this year, getting all 3 medals in some of the events is hard but a bit of practice always helps. Other people will probably find it easier than me as I always struggle at these top-down racers, I just can't control a car from above. It's made me think of buying Pacific Rift again for the challenge.

This game is great, for £5 this is probably my best buy so far this year, getting all 3 medals in some of the events is hard but a bit of practice always helps. Other people will probably find it easier than me as I always struggle at these top-down racers, I just can't control a car from above. It's made me think of buying Pacific Rift again for the challenge.

How much in US$?

Is the Vita store different to the PS3 store? because I went on it (PS3 US Store) and it doesn't even have Motorstorm RC listed in the Vita section.

That's bonkers, surely you can DL it from the PS3 store and keep it for later to transfer it to a Vita.

There also seems to be lots of confusion about whether you also get the PS3 version for free (seeing as that's the line many sites are towing) but I doubt it applies if the game is a free sponsored deal.

Back