Mount Panorama glitches...

• Thread starter ScotteDawg
  • 15 comments
Australia
Adelaide, South Australia
s_dawg4
There are a few glitches in Mount Panorama that need to be fixed.

1) Photo-mode causes freezing out and we have to exit the game.

2) The interior of the track goes to a flat white or blue on some replay angles.

3) If we are lucky enough to actually take photos during a replay, some of the images are and remain out of focus.

4) If we are able to use photo mode during a replay, some of the track in the background disappears.

5) Mount Panorama can't be used in a lobby - the room freezes.

These are problems restricted solely to Mount Panorama since update v1.06 and were not addressed in v1.07. Will they be fixed?

This problem is huge - most online players now avoid this track due to the bugs and disruptions it is plagued with.
Like many other Australian and NZ players, I pre-ordered the game as soon as it was announced that the Mount Panorama racetrack was to feature.
All supporters must click the "Like" in the above post in hope to escalate the resolve...

Absolutely. There are issues which only happen on Mount Panorama.

In photo mode, the game locks up. Quitting the game from the XMB causes the PS3 to crash with 3 beeps, often requiring a file system rebuild.

I would add that Mt Panorama has a history of turning off my surround sound. The analog sound seems to survive, because my ButtKicker continues to work. Once the sound is killed, the only workaround I have found is to restart the PS3. This problem has only occurred when online and with only two players.

Last edited:
Rephrase.... Is this a question for this track alone, or for the shadow, buggines, etc glitches of all tracks?

Rephrase.... Is this a question for this track alone, or for the shadow, buggines, etc glitches of all tracks?

In my opinion we are discussing specific problems which are unique to Bathurst. The larger issue of, for example, shadows is outside the scope. Do you agree @ScotteDawg? It's your thread, after all.

@GBO Possum - @TRLWNC7396 - @20832

I am able to take photos on any track except Mount Panorama! As GBO Possum said, the surround sound is the first to go. Mine sounds like an old man coughing up a lung with a dub step workover!

Friends have had problems too! I was in a friend's room and he said not to bother voting for Bathurst because the room will crash... However, he didn't forewarn us until after the track had been voted for! The room subsequently crashed and we all had to re-enter the game and log back in!!

Even when I am off-line (not signed in to PSN) but in the game using photo mode in a saved replay, my surround sound goes and I sometimes have to PS out because it's all locked up...

Well, I haven't played online yet at all, but all I can say is that I could take pictures on Bathurst without any issues like crashes, etc.

I have given up on the latest GTAcademy TT there because of this. My sound starts cutting out as I'm leaving the pits and stays cutting out when I go back to the main menu, necessitating a reboot. If I was actually a threat to make the top 4 in Canada (I'm not) and the final was here, I'd be pretty upset about it. As it is, I never race there online because it almost always means a reboot of the system.

Well, I haven't played online yet at all, but all I can say is that I could take pictures on Bathurst without any issues like crashes, etc.

The fact that you haven't played online might gave something to do with why you haven't had the crashes...

Do you get the up-dates and extra stuff (Vision GT cars etc.) though?

Also never experienced any of these problems at Bathurst. And i race online there quite often, and take photos on there quite often.

Looks like they have fixed the PhotoMode freezing bug!

I tried to get it to happen again, and I'm delighted to say I failed!

I have managed to be and stay in lobbies that want to race Bathurst. The problem was fixed in the v1.10 update.
EVERY SINGLE PERSON on my friends list is very happy that it can be used in an online lobby!

Back