Mountain Routes and ROC (Race of Champions)

United Kingdom
London
RocketbyDesign77
With the inclusion of the Goodwood Hill Climb and the Lunar missions in GT6, both wonderful short tests of skill and speed, it got me thinking as to what other short form events and driving experiences I would like to see in the game....

1. ROC (Race of Champions), with the GT Arena now in the game, making a slightly larger stadium layout with tight and twisty layouts would not be hard for Polyphony to accomplish. For me it would be a great format to compete as a single player against good AI and even online against friends. It would also allow for the possibility of a great online championship!

2. The return of Pikes Peak Hill Climb! Any other suggestions for Hill Climb events?

Also I would like to see included is a series of the best driving mountain roads in the world, I realize PD might not put these in the game but perhaps with the inclusion of the course maker and GT GPRS course plotter app, some of our GT friends would be able to get these routes for us all to enjoy! Here is a list of some of my desired routes...

3. Road Mountain Courses

3.1. Furka Pass, Switzerland
3.2. Tianmen Mountain Road, Hunan, China
3.3. Col de Turini, France
3.4. Stelvio Pass, Eastern Alps, Italy
3.5. Dadès Gorges, High Atlas, Morocco
3.6. Transfăgărășan, Romania
3.7. Trollstigen, Rauma, Norway
3.8. Guoliang Tunnel Road, China
3.9. Chapman’s Peak Drive, Cape Town, South Africa

4. Dirt, Gravel and Paved Roads
4.1. Karakoram Highway, China/Pakistan
4.2. Sani Pass, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
4.3. Ruta 40, Argentina
4.4. Going-to-the-Sun-Road, Glacier National Park, Montana

Does any one else have some great driving experiences, race formats or events they would like to see included?

I have to say that the lack of the Pikes Peak Hill Climb is very surprising to me, given that there are a few Pikes Peak specific cars in the dealerships (I think there are 5 maybe? something like that...I know one of the Japanese dealerships consists of 2 Pikes Peak cars and nothing else) so I do wonder if it may be something that is added as an update as what is the point in having them added to the game? There's certainly room for more icons underneath the Goodwood and Lunar icons! ROC would also be a good inclusion.As for the roads you listed, I have no idea about any of them as don't know them although one or two seem vaguely familiar (have they driven any of them on Top Gear as that would be the only reason I would know them?)

I have to say that the lack of the Pikes Peak Hill Climb is very surprising to me, given that there are a few Pikes Peak specific cars in the dealerships (I think there are 5 maybe? something like that...I know one of the Japanese dealerships consists of 2 Pikes Peak cars and nothing else) so I do wonder if it may be something that is added as an update as what is the point in having them added to the game? There's certainly room for more icons underneath the Goodwood and Lunar icons! ROC would also be a good inclusion.As for the roads you listed, I have no idea about any of them as don't know them although one or two seem vaguely familiar (have they driven any of them on Top Gear as that would be the only reason I would know them?)
I think if I am not mistaken Top Gear drove the road in Romania which is really tight and twisty.....the others I have listed are similar in that they have long ascends and descends, with winding curves, tight hairpins, long and short burst straights. A real treat for time trialing of even head to head racing!

I think if I am not mistaken Top Gear drove the road in Romania which is really tight and twisty.....the others I have listed are similar in that they have long ascends and descends, with winding curves, tight hairpins, long and short burst straights. A real treat for time trialing of even head to head racing!

Yeah, thought I may have seen one or two of them on there. I remember them driving on one somewhere north of italy, maybe that was the Stelvio Pass...if so, then that would be good as it was an excellent road and they were loving it

With the inclusion of the Goodwood Hill Climb and the Lunar missions in GT6, both wonderful short tests of skill and speed, it got me thinking as to what other short form events and driving experiences I would like to see in the game....

1. ROC (Race of Champions), with the GT Arena now in the game, making a slightly larger stadium layout with tight and twisty layouts would not be hard for Polyphony to accomplish. For me it would be a great format to compete as a single player against good AI and even online against friends. It would also allow for the possibility of a great online championship!

2. The return of Pikes Peak Hill Climb! Any other suggestions for Hill Climb events?

Also I would like to see included is a series of the best driving mountain roads in the world, I realize PD might not put these in the game but perhaps with the inclusion of the course maker and GT GPRS course plotter app, some of our GT friends would be able to get these routes for us all to enjoy! Here is a list of some of my desired routes...
3. Road Mountain Courses

3.1. Furka Pass, Switzerland
3.2. Tianmen Mountain Road, Hunan, China
3.3. Col de Turini, France
3.4. Stelvio Pass, Eastern Alps, Italy
3.5. Dadès Gorges, High Atlas, Morocco
3.6. Transfăgărășan, Romania
3.7. Trollstigen, Rauma, Norway
3.8. Guoliang Tunnel Road, China
3.9. Chapman’s Peak Drive, Cape Town, South Africa

4. Dirt, Gravel and Paved Roads
4.1. Karakoram Highway, China/Pakistan
4.2. Sani Pass, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
4.3. Ruta 40, Argentina
4.4. Going-to-the-Sun-Road, Glacier National Park, Montana

Does any one else have some great driving experiences, race formats or events they would like to see included?
a race of champions styled event would be epc

Back