• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 7 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
So I am having an issue where my laptop mouse works fine for abit, then this happens:

20200919_012651.jpg

Mouse goes straight to the top of the screen and I can barely select anything with it teleporting and it barely registers me clicking. Happens regardless if I am using the USB mouse or the laptop one. Tried to update drivers, but they all say that my drivers are up to date. Not sure what to do, just that it's about to make my school semester alot more frustrating.

So I am having an issue where my laptop mouse works fine for abit, then this happens:

View attachment 958873

Mouse goes straight to the top of the screen and I can barely select anything with it teleporting and it barely registers me clicking. Happens regardless if I am using the USB mouse or the laptop one. Tried to update drivers, but they all say that my drivers are up to date. Not sure what to do, just that it's about to make my school semester alot more frustrating.

Have you tried disabling the internal mouse?

Erm.. Not sure.. check in Control Panel - Mouse and see if its in there. It happened to my laptop years ago but it could have been a different Windows.

Edit: If not, try Device Manager and look for it there, right click, disable device

Might have just found the problem after finding this post:

Anyone else on a touchscreen computer having this issue after installing the latest update? I turned on my laptop as I normally do and as its booting up, this is happening:
View attachment 890601

It's made using my mouse annoying. It's not my wireless mouse because it's doing this even with just the touch pad.
I try to move the mouse and it just teleports back to that spot (Hence why this post is being made on my phone and not on my laptop). Erratic scrolling and pressing happens too when I trying to navigate a page or a folder.

Went to restart the laptop and it started doing exactly what you see on that screen. So basically after installing an update some time ago, my Touchscreen turned back on and it's back to causing me havoc again.

And indeed, that was the culprit. The mice (Both laptop and USB) work fine now. Gonna have to remember to disable the touchscreen after each new update.

I would probably make sure there aren't any suspicious programs or any kind of hidden programs that may possibly sabotage your mice connectivity. You know, just something you may or may not have ruled out.

Back