Movies where cars are the stars :-)

  • Thread starter Thread starter LizMcQueen
  • 20 comments
  • 3,377 views
Messages
408
Messages
LizMcQueen
I think everyone here likes movies, cars, motor and racing in general, wherefore I create this thread to put our favorite movies, series or documentaries about cars (with a important role).
IMCDb (Internet Movie Car Database): http://www.imcdb.org/
IMDb (Internet Movie Database): http://www.imdb.com/
Filmaffinity: http://www.filmaffinity.com/en/main.html
http://www.seriouswheels.com/index.html
http://www.famouscars.de/

Films:
The Fast and the Furious (4 movies)
The Last Ride
Transporter (3 movies)
Taxi (4 movies)
Taxi (US)
Gone in 60 Seconds (2000)
Gone in 60 Seconds (1974)
Gone in 60 Seconds: 2 (1989)
The Junkman
Deadline Auto Theft
Death Proof
Redline
Driven
Michel Vaillant
Fast Track: No Limits
Lost in Plainview (AKA Moving Too Fast)
A2 Racer
The A-Team
Days of Thunder
Death Race
Ronin
Initial D
Wangan Midnight (13 movies)
Drift Movie
Street Racer
Evolusi KL Drift
3: The Dale Earnhardt Story
Kart Racer
The Italian Job (1969)
The Italian Job (2003)
Bad Boys (2 movies)
Joshua Tree
Mad Max (3 movies)
Knight Rider 2000
Knight Rider 2010
Knight Rider (2008 film)
Starsky and Hutch
The Dukes of Hazzard
The Dukes of Hazzard: The Beginning
Speed Racer
Megalopolis Expressway Trial (6 movies)
Fast Punch (Hammer & Hart)
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
Herbie: Fully Loaded
Cars
RPM
XXX
Red Blooded
Torque (bikes)
Biker Boyz (bikes)
The Rock
Matrix
The Island
Die Hard (4 movies)
Miami Vice
Terminator (4 movies)
Gumball 3000 (9 movies)
Getaway in Stockholm (9 movies)
James Bond films
Jason Bourne films
Jackie Chan films

Classic Films:
Grand Prix
LeMans
Winning
The Great Race
Cannonball
Bullitt
Red Line 7000
American Graffiti
Duel
Smokey and the Bandit
Vanishing Point
Death Race 2000
Stroker Ace
Two-Lane Blacktop
Monte Carlo or Bust
Fireball 500
Speedway
The Gumball Rally
The Cannonball Run (3 movies)
Speed Zone
The French Connection (2 movies)
Herbie (6 movies)

Series:
Alarm for Cobra 11 - The Motorway Police
Initial D (anime)
Wangan Midnight (anime)
Knight Rider (2 series)
Team Rider
The A-Team
Magnum
Miami Vice
The Dukes of Hazzard
Starsky and Hutch
Speed Racer (Mach GoGoGo) (anime)

Documentaries:
The Drift Bible (Keiichi Tsuchiya)
The Secrets of Formula 1 (2 episodes)
The Great Adventure of Formula 1 (8 seasons, 120 episodes)
100% Motor
Great Cars (52 episodes)
Great Drives (13 episodes)
Stories on Wheels (25 episodes)
Monster Garage (5 seasons, 80 episodes)
Overhaulin' (5 seasons, 77 episodes)
Pimp my Ride (6 seasons, 73 episodes)
Fifth Gear (16 seasons, 155 episodes)
Top Gear 2002 (14 seasons, 118 episodes 6 specials)
Jeremy Clarkson's Motorworld (13 episodes)
Best Motoring (24 episodes, 3 specials y 7 hot versions)
Race of Champions (21 episodes)
X-Games: Summer X Games (14 episodes)
Winter X Games (13 episodes)
 
Christine
The Wraith
The Car
 
This thread could have been better if you hadn't posted just about all movies/shows that feature cars. It curtails quite a bit of discussion/involvement when everything is already posted. Plus, there's a thread already like this in the Automotive Photos/Video thread which actually has pictures.
 
I honestly cant think of anything else, thats a long list lol

Edit: oh wait i got one, License to drive... cult classic?? haha
 
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Back to the Future (I-III)

Come on people. :lol:
 
Last edited:
Mad Max I & II
Running on Empty
 
Trafic (1971) - a Jacques Tati film

Crash (1996) - a David Cronenberg film
 
Last edited:
There's a lot of movies in this thread where the cars aren't actually the stars....They're not even really relevant to the show in some of them....
 
There's a lot of movies in this thread where the cars aren't actually the stars....They're not even really relevant to the show in some of them....

Well, that depends ...
I think all movies that I posted cars have an important role, I know they are not the main character... but in all films there is a chase or something.
Can you help us posting your cars movies?
 
Where did a car have an important role in the Die Hard or Terminator series?

As for my movies, most are already listed.
 
Where did a car have an important role in the Die Hard or Terminator series?

As for my movies, most are already listed.

Die Hard: Police cruiser, limousine
Die Hard 2: Airport buggy
Die Hard 3: Taxi, dump truck
Die Hard 4: Taxi

Terminator: Errr...
Terminator 2: Police cruiser, Dirt bike, recovery truck, "your motorcycle", dog pound pickup, liquid nitrogen tanker
Terminator 3: A crane and, to be honest, I've wiped much of the film from my memory
Terminator 4: Jeep SRT8, big ol' truck

However, I agree entirely with you. Of all the cars in those films, while they do play a role, mention the car and I don't instantly think of the film. Unlike, say, "Shelby Mustang GT500", which makes most people think "Eleanor from Gone in 60 Seconds", "Yellow taxi" won't make you think "Die Hard 4.0".
 
There was a movie filmed in the 70s called The Driver which had some great car chases.

There was also a Charlie Sheen film in the 80s about Porsche thieves but I don't remember the title.
 
Thanks Famine, and yes McLaren, partly you are right, movies where cars are the real stars... very few, therefore I include all these.
Maybe thread name creates confusion, my fault.
Try to remember PureAwesomeness.

PS: I'm sure in North America or Japan (or other countries) you know movies that we (in Europe) don't know.

Thanks for your cooperation.
 
I got one I didnt see in the list.... I, Robot. That was one big Audi commercial... :)
 
Another one: Tucker: The Man and His Dream (1988), by Francis Ford Coppola.

And - why didn't I remenber this one sooner! - Gran Torino (2008), by Clint Eastwood.

This is great fun, thanks Liz :)
 
Last edited:
*ahem*

gran-torino-movie.png
 
Got another one for you (if small tractors qualify):

The Straight Story (1999), by David Lynch. One hell of a "road movie" if a bit slow for most people's tastes
 
Back