MR-layout setup tips?

• Thread starter A_Keyboard
  • 6 comments
United States
Earth
A lot of MR cars I've tried driving are near-impossible to drive with a controller through any hard corners, naturally wanting to snap oversteer and throw me off the track. No matter what I tinker with - sway bars, the differential, suspension, etc. - it always somehow acts worse than stock. Anyone want to help me figure out why?

Depends on a lot of things.
What is your driving style and steering sensitivity?
What class of cars are you using?
What tires are you using?

Depends on a lot of things.
What is your driving style and steering sensitivity?
What class of cars are you using?
What tires are you using?

I'm using a controller, as stated, but I usually try to keep a clean, smooth racing line.

I'd like tips for any of the N-class cars, but Gr3/4 is fine too.

Racing slicks, mostly super soft.

I mean you can adjust the steering sensitivity in the settings menu which can help mitigate some of that snap oversteer.

Mid engine cars with skinny tires at the back like the Countach/Alfa 4C will be a handful.
Whereas a car like the Ford GT with its wider rear tires compared to its front, will make it a lot easier to approach the limit. So some of it comes down to your car choice.

Tire choice is another factor. I personally never race with RSS tires on road cars because I get too much twitch/oversteer. I find it funny to go in N200 lobbies and people feel the need to put super soft slicks on the cars. But put them back on Sports tires and they simply cannot drive.
Anyways the road cars just don't have the downforce to handle it so the back end is more loose. Case and point my suspension setting on my BOP N600 SLSamg works perfectly for me on all sports tires and Race Hard.

As far as settings go I generally use more camber at the rear (F: 1.3/ R: 1.7), stiffer front roll bars, Initial torque of 15-35.
I personally go with softer front springs than rear if the car has wide tires. The lighter front tends to lift at high speed so you get understeer on medium- high speed corner which i hate. Good luck

I mean you can adjust the steering sensitivity in the settings menu which can help mitigate some of that snap oversteer.

Mid engine cars with skinny tires at the back like the Countach/Alfa 4C will be a handful.
Whereas a car like the Ford GT with its wider rear tires compared to its front, will make it a lot easier to approach the limit. So some of it comes down to your car choice.

Tire choice is another factor. I personally never race with RSS tires on road cars because I get too much twitch/oversteer. I find it funny to go in N200 lobbies and people feel the need to put super soft slicks on the cars. But put them back on Sports tires and they simply cannot drive.
Anyways the road cars just don't have the downforce to handle it so the back end is more loose. Case and point my suspension setting on my BOP N600 SLSamg works perfectly for me on all sports tires and Race Hard.

As far as settings go I generally use more camber at the rear (F: 1.3/ R: 1.7), stiffer front roll bars, Initial torque of 15-35.
I personally go with softer front springs than rear if the car has wide tires. The lighter front tends to lift at high speed so you get understeer on medium- high speed corner which i hate. Good luck

Funny, I think I'd fall into the "can't drive anything worse than Racing Softs" category. I'll look into adjusting the sensitivity, but my concern is that I'd lose some of the snap-correction I'd need if I were, say, nudged off track or whatnot.

I admittedly do have slightly better handling raising the braking LSD to about 20-30, but only slightly. Same with the sway bars. Thanks for the help!

When you start to slip use both break and gas at the same time and it’ll straighten up. Works well on certain corners as well.

Back