Mr. Yamauchi - A question about apps for GT7

Johnnypenso

Well known double poster
Premium
Canada
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Johnnypenso
Dear Mr. Yamauchi,

In a recent interview with GamesTM Magazine, you said, "For GT7, myself and my staff have a clear vision: to do everything we couldn’t do in GT6. We want to make it very Gran Turismo. By that I mean it’s going to be a game that matches the very era that we live in, in 2015 or 2016". As I'm sure you are aware, we live in an age where there is a handy "app" for just about everything. Some PC sims are really into the creation of these apps to enhance the gaming experience. Do you think this is something you would consider for GT7, developed in house of course, perhaps with the aid of suggestions from the fanbase?

Some examples of apps I've found quite valuable and useful in other games:

Pedals - A popup window to calibrate your pedals.

Force Feedback Clipping Tool - An analyzer used to determine optimum FFB settings for your particular wheel so you can get the maximum detail of the physics engine without clipping the signal.

Performance Delta
- A tool for giving a real time lap differental between you and your fastest lap, the fastest lap of your friends, and the fastest lap on a world leaderboard.

Session Ranking - Real time updates of your laptime ranking against your friends leaderboard as well as the world leaderboard.

Virtual Dashboard - A digital dashboard you can use at any time, but very handy when you want to drive from the bumper view but still want your gauges. Bits and pieces of information can be added or taken away at the discretion of the driver and attached and moved around as a unit if desired.

Each tool would be available as a popup and positionable anywhere on the screen deemed best by the driver. There are many other possibilities for this and I'm sure your team would be able to come up with some unique ideas for the GT series.

Back