MS Wheel Setting For Forza 3

• Thread starter Xavier2342
  • 4 comments
United States
Arizona
Thugnificent34
Zeke34
Hey guys, I just recently picked up a used MS wheel and I'm trying successfully make the move from controller to wheel. One of the first things I'd like to know is how you guys have set your in-game wheel settings? My main reason for asking this question is because I don't want to accidentally burn the FF motor(s). What track(s) do you guys recommend for trying to get use to driving with a wheel? My intentions are to get use to playing with a wheel before Forza 4 is released so any help will be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
X

Congrats on your new wheel. I really enjoyed mine when I got it since it was my very first force feedback wheel.

Probably the most important thing you need to do is a brake mod of some sort. Some people have cut a tennis ball in half and placed it under the brake pedal. I just used a regular sponge that you would use to wash dishes. Just cut out a small piece of a sponge to fit in the little slot under the brake pedal. That worked somewhat nicely for me.

As for the wheel itself, if I recall correctly there are no force feedback settings. The only adjustments you can make are the button layouts. All I can say when it comes to that is put everything where it is most convenient for you.

All the fine tuning adjustments for the wheel are in the "advanced settings" menu, Press I think (X) while at the button config screen. The wheel must be connected while you do this or you'll be adjusting the pad settings not the wheel settings. The wheel will be displayed at the button config screen if you are doing it correctly.

Here are some setting I had laying around, but ultimately it's personal preference

Steering axis deadzone inside: 0%-2%
Steering axis deadzone outside: 70-75%
Comment: steering speed almost matches controller

Brake deadzone inside: 0%
Brake deadzone outside: 100%
Throttle - the same

Force feedback adjustment is there too. I find a 75-90% allows me to make quicker steering corrections on track without it being to heavy. Experiment with 50% to gauge for yourself, you may even want less. I wouldn't worry about burning your motors, I think the FM3 FFb was toned down to protect that wheel in the first place.

*Note// The adjustment scale isn't in % in FM3 like FM2 but each click left or right relates to 1 or 10% can't remember which, it's just a case of counting each click from max or minimum in each direction.

Back