Mt Akina (Eifel Flat)

• Thread starter LeGeNd-1
  • 7 comments

LeGeNd-1

Premium
Australia
Australia
GTP_LeGeNd-1
Hey everyone, here's the recreation of Mt Akina that I made. In terms of layout it's as accurate as the software allows. I used the maps from Initial D Arcade Stage website for reference (http://initiald.sega.com/sp_touge.html).

Release notes V1:
- For the short straight between the 4th and 5th hairpin I was forced to make a chicane so the rest of the track still stays accurate (due to the limitations of the course maker unfortunately).
- Also the hairpins are more spaced out which leads to the track being longer than the actual 7.5km (but on driving it actually feels rather spot on).
- I put kerbs as "gutters" for the main 5 hairpins :D
- It's flat (blame PD for not allowing us to create elevation changes lol).
- The narrow nature makes it rather bad for racing, so it's more a TT course (if I make it wider I wouldn't be able to fit the hairpins properly at all).
- Not much trackside objects (again, a limitation with the software when tracks are narrowed and all bunched up).

Update V2:
- Track layout updated to be more accurate (used higher res map to trace and adjusted scale).
- 5 consecutive hairpins made tighter and shorter straight between hairpins.
- Result in shorter length (8.4km vs previously 9km).

Download here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/GTP_LeGeNd-1/course/

Enjoy touge lovers! :) 👍

Last edited:
Can;t see it anymore...

Sorry, I just copied a link from another user without changing the actual hyperlink. It's all fixed now 👍

Can you post a video of you running it with an 86? Come on man I'd be so hyped for it.

Also have you tried making the one with the 13 hairpins? Nanamagari!

I'd love to mate, but I don't have video capture equipment :P Give it a try yourself and tell me what you think!

I'm planning to make Akagi and Hakone Turnpike as well. I thought about Hakone Nanamagari but I feel the hairpins are going to get quite repetitive on a flat surface. Never say never though!

Maybe for a time attack, but when racing an opponent it should make for some interesting passing.

I'd like to download it, but I'm still on GT5.

Good point! I'll try to make it as well if I still have the space (damn PD for limiting us to 30 tracks :ouch:).

Back