Multi Taggers

  • Thread starter Thread starter HLRJigsaw
  • 9 comments
  • 1,304 views
Messages
17
Messages
HLRJigsaw
I tried searching to see if a thread like this exists, I didn't find one.

Personally I am a leaderboard slave. Something that happens in other games is one person posting times using multiple online names. The question I have is... Is PD prepared to block this kind of thing from happening?? Especially when it comes to competitions with prizes.
 
Is there any way for them to stop that, though? What about people that genuinely share their PS3s with other members of their family?
 
For a large game like GT5, that probably wouldn't be a problem. I'm sure they'd involve you owning your own vehicle, and I'm sure they can track someones progress in ones game and be like "ok, this guys has several great cars, but hasn't even finished the Sunday Cup."

Idk... other than that you really can't do anything.
 
The other thing you might encounter with "multi-taggers" is that several people in the sme household play a game, and each has their own tag.
3 of my sons play Call of Duty under 3 different tags each from the same internet connection.
 
If it's an official competition, they check your eligibility when they collect the personal information of the winners.
 
Two siblings probably use the same PS3. Thus, there is nothing PD can do.
Prizes can be limited to 1 per household, but TT's won't be limited. Sorry for redundancy :)
 
99% of people would never do this but there are people that would and likely will. I guess I'm just hoping that PD would be able to pull something off, and stop this from happening.

Me and my youngest son love to race. I know I wouldn't want one of our names to not be able to post times.
 
Bot me and my wife use the same PS3 for GT, so for us that would block out 1 of us, leaving us with the option of buying yet another PS3, if its console blocked to 1 person.

If its IP blocked, we would be blocked period, and that wouldn't be fair in my opinion.
 
It's is much simpler to use one account for me and my brother. This way we complete all game together.
 
I don't think it's that big of a problem since the competitors are getting a background check if they won. Just as the other guy said, it's one prize per household. So if the other guy is using the same tag, they can just scan the IP. If it's the same IP they can move on to the next guy.
 
Back