Surely it must've been obvious what the op was alluding to?
Exactly. It was to me.
I guess I never came across this. I guess I never saved a night replay & watched it yet? I thought I had, but maybe I'm wrong.
Is this always the case?
Is it just certain tracks maybe?
And if it is, I can't imagine how you could change it. Save replay & watch replay is save replay & watch replay - there's no settings for replays, is there?
I've seen night photos (action in motion) posted in the photomode forum often enough, I just assumed replays must be shown in night time.
But maybe it's only certain tracks...
Or maybe it's just multiplayer?
If it's just with multiplayer, it could be a graphics issue just like how you can't "roll over" a car in a mulitiplayer race. The graphics are limited in multiplayer.
If it's that issue... then there's no way around it, for certain. Multiplayer graphic limitations are multiplayer graphic limitations, and there's nothing for it.