Multiplayer races not counting?

• Thread starter Mercia
  • 4 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
jdeviant1983
So I just started running my first online races this weekend, just going to quick race. Both times at Spa Iw as able to set a qualifying lap and then run the whole race. At the end when the chequered was out I kept going after the finish line and I'm pretty sure over the engines I heard the race engineer tell me to bring it into the pits ie. do another lap then pull in.

First time I did another lap then pulled into the pits, it immediately dropped me into the pit garage at the start of a new qualifying session at the same track. When I quit and checked my stats, 0 online races completed.

Second time I saw other cars had pulled to the side after the race and presumably gone back to garage using the start menu, so I tried that, it immediately dropped me into the pit garage at the start of a new qualifying session at the same track. When I quit and checked my stats, 0 online races completed.

Am I missing something here? Do I need to be pressing a specific option to finish the race?

I would check to see if this is happening without using quick race. It seems like you’re either getting sent to another lobby, or the lobby is resetting once you return to the pits after a race.

You shouldn’t have to do anything in a
lobby to finish the race. Once you cross the line with a checkered flag that should be it, whether you return to the garage or quit it shouldn’t make a difference.

I had a separate (and rather dumb) issue that it was starting me from the pitlane for every race, I solved this and now the races finish and log to my stats as expected.

I don't know why one would affect the other, given it should still record the race result you would think, but as long as it's working I'm not complaining!

Back