Multiplayer

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
hi,
How is the multiplayer with this game?
Are penalties in force?
Are they effective during the race?
Is it still a tad bash and smash?

I would like to play online but previous games have often descended into carnage. GTS, whilst flawed, does attempt to punish poor driving.

Thank you for any answers.

I just tried my first weekly event race, cars were all over the place. I almost made it a whole lap before hitting someone stopped in the middle of the track. Race over for me, they drove away. Sucks its only every hour, might not get to try it again tonight.

There were penalties, but I didn't last long enough to see how effective it might have been.

I just tried my first weekly event race, cars were all over the place. I almost made it a whole lap before hitting someone stopped in the middle of the track. Race over for me, they drove away. Sucks its only every hour, might not get to try it again tonight.

There were penalties, but I didn't last long enough to see how effective it might have been.
Thank you.
That sort of experience is what makes me wary before purchase.
Video game F1, needs same lap punishment to improve racing quality.

I'm still in placement, though I did do the weekly event (Austria) a couple more times. I think people are really trying to race cleanly, but I'm in slower groups so likely less skill. I tried a ranked race but it was at Monaco and I crashed quick.

What do people do about car setup? There are obviously car specific setups, but any suggestions for multiplayer mode?

I'm trying to get into this game on mp. Still yet to have a clean race. Fun though.

Anyone know best setups for each circuit?

I'm looking for ps4 Version for mp only. Is it worth?

Are you get clean long races? I don't want to race with fix league dates.

I want to walk online and start up some races or a long race.

I think you'll have fun with it. Seems to me that most drivers do try to be clean. If you don't mind unranked races you can make your own lobby.

I wonder if Codemasters look at this online and are proud of their work?
The penalties don’t work well enough. I am trying to get to A rank, currently B but I m being hampered by some of the worst driving (not mine!).
Swerving to hit you, blocking all over the road, braking hard in the middle of a straight some
players are getting away with too much.
What really annoys me is that I am getting penalties for clean driving and being punished for idiots behaviour.
At the moment my racing consists of dropping to the back and then avoiding everything to get that rank higher.

I am a GTS player and am currently having a break to try some other games. This has potential but Codemasters need to sharpen their game and online code - keeps crashing at the moment.
By all means have the F1 realistic mode but why not have a ranked “video game” mode.
Rolling starts - instant drive through penalties and make them longer - ghost cars swerving all over the place - instant slow down of car for corner cutting , similar to GTS. GTS penalties are not perfect but the racing can be exhilarating on a regular basis.
Going back in soon, hope it is better.
Regards.

Back