• Thread starter Mulan
  • 17 comments
Sweden
GOTHEBURG
Hi,
what will be possible with GT7
+ ios + vita + other stuff?

I can see garagemanagement,
carsetup, multiplayersetup and watching, photomode, coursecreator...
Alot is better if we can get this done right. Even codriving (rally mapreader) ...telemetry liveview and correction.
would be great to hear if you have other ideas? Kaz may read and get the point (hope)

I suggest you edit your title, when I initially read it I thought of XBone and PC. I suggest somethng like, "Vita and Mobile device support for GT7?"

Also, there's probably a similar thread to this in the suggestions sub-forum. You should look there and "like it" if you find it. But if you cant find one then make one. Because its a good idea. Playstation Network works in a similar way.

Maybe someone can remember where this was posted, but there was recently a list of available jobs at PD in a thread somewhere and I recall there being an opening for someone to write apps or something for mobile support. Anyone know where that is?

Maybe someone can remember where this was posted, but there was recently a list of available jobs at PD in a thread somewhere and I recall there being an opening for someone to write apps or something for mobile support. Anyone know where that is?
I don't, but I think that job opening was for the course maker app...

Found it:
Mobile Application Engineer NEW
to work in a mobile environment, such as iOS and Android, we will develop and support application of the "Gran Turismo".
Translation didn't work perfectly obviously and it's too generic for us to know if it's for course maker or other apps, but it's there nonetheless.

It's probably for a companion app, or maybe a re-release of GT1/2 on iOs/Android?

I suggest you edit your title, when I initially read it I thought of XBone and PC. I suggest somethng like, "Vita and Mobile device support for GT7?"

Also, there's probably a similar thread to this in the suggestions sub-forum. You should look there and "like it" if you find it. But if you cant find one then make one. Because its a good idea. Playstation Network works in a similar way.
Well i dont know if its just mobile device, could very well get pc support. I can see coursemaker landing on pc. Somehow the courses need to get on a server for
access where ever you are so a pc setup could work well.
Also applewatch support for
racenotifications, laptimes and other info, wearable platforms

Afaik the iOS/Android "Gran Turismo app" was said to be for the GT Community part that was introduced to GT6 some time ago + for recording tracks for the course maker..

Well i dont know if its just mobile device, could very well get pc support. I can see coursemaker landing on pc. Somehow the courses need to get on a server for
access where ever you are so a pc setup could work well.
Also applewatch support for
racenotifications, laptimes and other info, wearable platforms
Ok, for GT6 its a tablet so not a pc yet anyway
But i guess more functions may come for GT7 on external devices now that the coursemakerapp is out.

I think having a second screen app would be a big hit for GT7. SMS has gotten support from both Microsoft and Sony to make the third party second screen apps work on the consoles, so PD should take notice of that, as having dashboard/telemetry apps in racing sims adds to the experience big time. I can't wait till they start rolling out on PS4 Pcars. My tablet is ready. :D

I think having a second screen app would be a big hit for GT7. SMS has gotten support from both Microsoft and Sony to make the third party second screen apps work on the consoles, so PD should take notice of that, as having dashboard/telemetry apps in racing sims adds to the experience big time. I can't wait till they start rolling out on PS4 Pcars. My tablet is ready. :D
It really does add to the experience. I don't know how I drove without my companion apps up until last year.:crazy: A quick glance at a customizable screen or a quick flick of a finger to a different screen, gives you all the info you need in the heat of the battle.

It really does add to the experience. I don't know how I drove without my companion apps up until last year.:crazy: A quick glance at a customizable screen or a quick flick of a finger to a different screen, gives you all the info you need in the heat of the battle.

Yep, and then all they need to do is work out how to stop the bloody thing crashing on PS4, and I'll be happy lol.

Oh... and they need to fix that stupid AI too... theeeen I'll be happy :D

B-Spec will be Android-only. Livery editor will only be available on the Palm Pre. Tuning shall be available on iOS, Newton and Sega Pico.

And you thought GT6's course maker was sweet? Just wait until you see GT7's, exclusively available on Etch-A-Sketch™

Back