MultiTeam Super Tandem Drift

• Thread starter Takotako
  • 82 comments
Wow I think I've seen you before in a late night Japanese lobby on Tsukuba. There were three Camaro's swinging all side by side with such precision; accuracy; smoothness. I remember putting on my binoculars spectating with awe as my mind went melting. Thanks for the show.

Great drifting as ever, but why use super cars?

I would much rather see a bunch of s-chassis banging doors... :D

Because you'll see an S-Chassis (Along with Supras, RX-7s, and just about any other lightweight RWD Japanese car) in every drift lobby. It's too common. That's why I almost never touch those cars. I prefer unconventional cars like 1968 Fiat 500 F, Peugeot 908, RUF BTR, Bugatti Veyron, Jay Leno Tank Car, etc.

:lol:

Perhaps because they're pure-bred drift cars bro...

...you don't have to be hipster and use ridiculous cars just because normal cars are "too common".

Perhaps it's because they are literally the only things you ever see. Change things up once in a while. :rolleyes:

Also, calling me a hipster because I drift different cars? Please... 👎

@CallmeDan

Not because you drift different cars, rather because you don't want to drift anything that anybody else uses.

There's plenty of RWD cars to drift besides race cars and joke cars, if you really dislike japanese cars that much.

It's a shame there isn't any older BMW's, I wouldn't mind skidding an E34.

--------
Edit:

Oh and the abundance of JDM drift cars is because it's very much part of the culture in real life; go to any country, find drifters, go to drift competitions, there WILL be Japanese cars.

It's because that's where it all started, that's why people connect the two things.

If your drift interest only goes as far as GT6, then I can understand the confusion.

Last edited:
I think the super cars are awesome!!

GT5 & 6 have been out for how long now? Can only drift the same slow as Silvia for so long before it gets old.

If real world drifters were free from the worry of damaging their car and paying for rebuilds like we are in the virtual world, I absolutely, 100% gaurentee you would see people drifting super cars all day, err'day. Cost is a factor in real life, not a factor in the game...so why'll allow it to limit your experience?

Lastly, due to the limited tuning/customization in GT, there are things you can do with super cars that you simply can not do with a low horse powered, bicycle tired car. Yes, we all know we can tandem S-chassis...but with supercars, everything happens at a much faster pace, so you have to be that much more on your toes. It's just another way to challenge yourself. I enjoy drifting my LFA as much as I enjoy drifting my AE86s.

(Also, most of the good JDM drift cars are standards, and that bugs a lot of people. Many people completely dismiss them...not my way of doings things, but I understand why some people do it)

Latest Posts

Back