• Thread starter McLaren
  • 1 comments

McLaren

Premium
United States
Texas
Sola_cover.jpg

What it is:
Saints of Los Angeles is the Crue's first album featuring all the original members since 1997's Generation Swine. In my opinion though, it's the first album since 1989's Dr. Feelgood where the band has sounded anything like their first albums.

Price: Around $12-$15.

Experience: I do not have the album in hand, however, IHeartMusic.com has allowed me to listen to the whole album 3 times now.

Pros:
  • Original line-up in 11 years, just shows how much better they are together.
  • The music is just good enough to rival Dr. Feelgood & Girls, Girls, Girls.
  • Despite punk/emo/metal music being popular these days, the band has refused to conform to any of it and has kept their unique sound.
  • The music is a perfect blend of their original music style while still sounding up-to-date.

Cons:
  • There are 1 or 2 songs where you can hear the band slightly experimenting with a different sound. Not really a con, though.
  • The album only contains 13 songs which is a shame as the album could leave you wanting more.
  • Some folks may not like the band's lyrics as they still sound like lyrics written from the past. I personally, though, find that as a welcome change from other bands' lyrics

Conclusion:
There's really no negatives besides those couple songs that sound just a bit different from the rest, or that it could use a few more songs. Never-the-less, the album is a must buy from any Motley fans. None of these men have changed their playing style in any way. Every thing from Mars' guitar to Neil's voice still sound perfect. And because of this, if you were to hear one of the new songs on the radio, I guarantee you it would be recognizable in an instant. But finally, while the album probably won't top the first albums, I think it comes pretty damn close.

Score: 9.5/10

I plan on buying this sometime in the next week. Almost required from me...(looks at profile picture)

Back