Music stutter

Belgium
Wellen Belgium Europe
Hello,

Does anybody have a music stutter ? It's real weird, this is my 4th (original) game I think and the music stutter is still there. This disk has no scratches at all and when I bought it it worked perfect, than I stopped with playing for a couple of months and now the music stutter is back again ??!!

It's the same console (latest Slimline PS2 still under warranty) and this is the only game that does that. :(

Is it some kind of stability problem of the consoles because I also have a old big PS2 and it does the same their.

Right after a endurance race the screen also became black, I was going nuts because I still did not save my game. After opening and closing the disk tray it continued loading.

Really weird.

Thanks

Sebastian

Last edited:
Does this stutter happen all the time? Or only during endurance races. I remember sound (engine sounds) would cut out sometimes during endures.

Have you tried anything to clean your PS2's laser eye? Maybe you should.

Does this stutter happen all the time? Or only during endurance races. I remember sound (engine sounds) would cut out sometimes during endures.

Have you tried anything to clean your PS2's laser eye? Maybe you should.

Hello Parnelli,

In the beginning it was during all races, but I bought 3 new copies of the game via ebay where it was less in the 2nd and it all worked in the last copy I bought because the disk is in perfect condition.

So I destroyed all other copy's and continued using my working one. I played all races except endurance with no problems. Than paused for a couple of months and now I'm playing endurance races and get that music stutter again.

It's not the SFX sound, that's working perfect only the background music is stuttering/skipping/restarting from time to time. I almost start to think that the PS2 has to warm up during those races and than the music works normal again :)
Yesterday I played the City Rome course of 2 hours and around a hour or more it was malfunctioning and than it worked normal.

Like I said this only happens in GT2, GT1 or 4 work normal, I cleaned the lens with a paintbrush but there was nothing on it anyhow and it did not solve the issue.

I did notice that when I don't use a save game the music stutter does not happen in the menu at the start of the game and if I do load my save game it does. But this also happens random.

Can it be a save game issue ? Or does the PS2 have the warm up ?

Thanks

Sebastian

Last edited:
Back