"Must have" mods for a player starting to play rFactor?

Australia
Sydney, Austral
GTP_slowman
Hi, i've just started playing rFactor and i just wanted to know what mods i need.
A link how to install mods would also help as i was just on a site that had mods, and i just raged from being so confused :S

Man this endurance series mod just crashes as soon as I select it. This sucks... The only other mod I had installed was some Saleen Twin Turbo 7...

Initially I wondered if my rFactor wasn't patched or something but I'm up to latest it seems (v1.255)

Actually this might be my fault- think I downloaded the patch instead of the full version... Their downloads page is confusing to newbs :(

Yep, it's a bit confusing, my advice is to delete mods and things you don't need atm, eventually a new fresh rF installation is your best choice, then backup your data.
Once you are ready you can try all the mods you want. Without to worry about if something doesn't work, you can always restore your backup. That endruance mod need the DX9 libraries, if I'm right the Porsche works only with DX9.
They have different versions of the download, a normal one and a splitted one. They also have a huge number of mirrors in case a link wont work.

You should download the "Endurance Series - v1 + SP1 FULL (including v1.0 + v1.2 or v1.2FULL)"
(or if you prefer the splitted one)

and then "Endurance Series - Service Pack 1 - PATCH (v1.0 + v1.2 or v1.2FULL needed)"
(there is also a splitted version for the patch if you want)

I'm not using rF a lot in these days (I'm running the WSGT mod for GTR2 there should be a rF version somewhere) but If I remember right there is a tool somewhere at rF central that allow you to switch between the mods.. without the need of uninstall them. Still have to try it by the way.

You can also try Bigbazz's advices. rFactor have lot of mods it depends on the cars you want to drive.

Last edited:
ah thanks HKS. I d/l and installed the SP1 1st (and verified that works) and now I am applying the patch. Man I was terribly confused! Thanks a lot :D

After this patch installs gonna give this a whirl.

Must Have Cars:

rFactor Historicx
F1 1967
F1 1971
F1 1975
Bathurst Legends
V8Factor
Caterham
GTM
C6 Corvette Challenge
Toyota Supra

Must Have Tracks:
Longford 1967
Panorama 1967
Fuji 1970
Cannonball Run USA
Nordschleife 2007

Then depending on your location, any number of pretty accurate local tracks around the world.

rFactorCentral is your starting point, then Goggle for various othe rless mainstream forums that may have unauthorised conversions of popular GTL, GTR2 and other tracks.

Dont be afraid to toss out the trash though.

Keep your sanity by doing a split install.

WSC1970 and all the 1970 tracks, with Brands Early and the incoming Targa Florio to complete the calender for the 1970 World Sportscar Championship.

Rfactor is soo bad loads of people play it and the engine has some professional mods based off it. Sure.

rfactor is bad. But if you like F1, open wheel you should check out CTDP, MMG mods

Yeah rFactor is bad, we should play ModNation Racers instead.. 💡
:dunce:

Does anybody know about an utility giving you the chance to switch between the mods without uninstall them?

Yeah there's a thing on Rfactor Central called 'Rfactor mod launcher'. A quick search on Rfc and you'll find it.

Yeah rFactor is bad, we should play ModNation Racers instead.. 💡
:dunce:

Does anybody know about an utility giving you the chance to switch between the mods without uninstall them?

Do a split/multi install of rFactor.

One instance of the tracks and then have each significant mod installed in its own sub-directory.

That way you can safely go to town on mod config changes without butchering your rFactor install, and you dont have ot have rFactor enumerate every single car every time you run rFactor.exe

I was just trying the Porsche Carrera Cup 2007 mod w/ some new ffb settings and it feels pretty good. i can feel the suspension and tires working through the wheel very well. the default setup is a bit bouncy and i can fill the car bouncing through the wheel.

i got down to 2'09's with the car just racing w/ AI for 5 laps around Suzuka. And in RL, gt300 cars can do 2'02's.:scared:

lol why you guys made at me if I think it is bad. rfactor is just too generic but modding community makes it better I guess. I tried to like it but couldn't. If I have to vote for best mod I would say CTDP.

[edit] Downloading CTDP now. I've seen youtube clips of this great looking mod before which convinced to buy rFactor. But then I forgot to d/l it heh so thanks

So far I'm still liking GTR Evolution Demo better than my retail copy of rFactor. Mainly because GTR has full cockpits and more detailed FFB settings built in (plus much nicer looking UI). I wish I bought GTR Evo instead. Unlike rFactor, GTR Evo is on Steam.

Going to try some more mods before I pull the trigger and just buy GTR Evo.

I think the problem is when you are coming from console racing GTR Evo might ease in newbs better due to licensed cars, ghosting, pretty UI, etc. Sorry not trying to make this a GTR Evo vs rFactor thread lol. Both games are very low priced and can be acquired for price of 1 new game

Last edited:
Back