Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium (550PP).

• Thread starter jules283
  • 4 comments
United Kingdom
UK
jules283
Hello All.
I took on this front-heavy car as a challenge!

Spec : SH tyres,Custom Suspension,Custom Trans,Custom Diff,Stage 1 Tune,Sport Comp,Racing Exhaust,Isometric Manifold,Sports Cat,Intake Tuning,Stage 3 Lightweight,Carbon Bonnet,Light Windows

This spec gives about 550PP and 475BHP with 1305KG.

Ride Height :100/100
Springs :9.47/8.00
Comp :4/4
Exten :4/4
ARB :4/4
Camber :0.5/0.0
Toe :0/0
Brakes :4/4

Diff Initial :15
Accel :30
Braking :15

Ballast Weight :1 KG
Ballast Postion :+17

Lap times :1.24.915 at Willow Springs. 7.46.xxx at Ring.

I moved 1 kg of ballast around because I didn't have enough adjustment range in spring rate for the balance I needed.

Oops!....I was just doing final check and noticed I have flat floor on this car, which was not my original intention. However, car feels good so add this part to the tune.

Happy Christmas to you all!

Doesn't the flat floor increase PP while doing absolutely nothing?
Thanks for the tune btw 👍

No. Flat floor adds a very considerable amount of downforce and a very considerable amount of drag while adding a fair bit to PP. It's enough to add a few miles an hour around higher speed corners, take a far from inconsiderable amount off braking distances from high speeds, etc. Downside being you lose twice over on straight-line speed.

Oh, should mention... It's invisible downforce, not reflected in the "downforce" value.

Hi
I tried the car earlier with flat floor removed. It was much harder to control and about 1.0 to 1.5 seconds slower around Willow. And I lost about 30PP.
So I definitely recommend use the flat floor with this tune.

No. Flat floor adds a very considerable amount of downforce and a very considerable amount of drag while adding a fair bit to PP. It's enough to add a few miles an hour around higher speed corners, take a far from inconsiderable amount off braking distances from high speeds, etc. Downside being you lose twice over on straight-line speed.

Oh, should mention... It's invisible downforce, not reflected in the "downforce" value.
Thanks, It's good to know it works 👍

Back