MX-5 Challenge One Make Race - Laguna Seca - New Date/Time TBC!Open 

• Thread starter F12_Josh
  • 10 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
20830217939723649.jpg

Hi all,

Sure everyone is aware of the spec MX-5 racing that goes on in seemingly every corner of the world and how entertaining that is, so let's try replicate that in Gran Turismo! This is going to be a fun one off, though if things go well and people are up for it then we can see about doing more. It's my first time doing anything like this too so want to see how it goes first!

New Date/Times TBC! (Time in your time zone)

Race Format:
Track: Laguna Seca
Laps: 15

Lobby Open for Qualifying Practice: 21:00 BST
Race Starts: 21:30 BST
Race will finish around 22:00 BST

Tyre Wear: 12x - Will be roughly half worn by the end so some strategy involved with tyre saving.
Fuel Usage: 5x - Will be roughly 1/4 left on fuel map 1 throughout so no fuel saving needed.
Weather: S02 - Afternoon race start with 8x time advance to end at dusk/evening.

• Visibility: Friends Only
  • Grid Start
  • Boost: Off
  • Slipstream Strength: Real
  • Visible Damage: On
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Grid Reduction: Real
  • Shortcut Penalty: Strong
  • Wall Collision Penalty: Weak
  • Correct Vehicle Course: Off
  • Car Collision Penalty: On
  • Pit Lane Line: On
  • Ghosting: Off
  • Flag Rules: On

Car Specifications:
Mazda Roadster S (ND) '15
137 BHP
851KG
491.02PP (Before any setup changes)

• Sports Soft Tyres
  • Weight Reduction 1, 2 & 3
  • Increased Rigidity
  • Height Adjustable Sports Suspension
  • Racing Air Filter
  • Racing Silencer
  • Racing Brake Pads
  • Brake Balance Controller should you wish

Base Style Here

Please keep all sponsor decals in place and visible, but feel free to change:
  • Window banner backing colour
  • License plate/Mazda decal colours
  • Tow decal colour
  • Number circle position
Feel free to change the wheels to other motorsport style ones such as Enkei RPF1 or Volk TE37, the offset is wide but they are standard size (16 inch). Headlight bulbs are also free but all other visual items must stay as per the style (Rear Wing Type A, Bonnet Pins Type A, Tow Hook Type A, Roll Bar).

To enter, either put a post on here with your PSN name and chosen number or message me on PSN (F12_Josh). I'll then send a friend request and get you added to the group for communication.

Entry List (GT Planet - PSN Name - Number):

Thank you!

20829678868862977.jpg

Last edited:
Put me down for this as long as someone post's a reminder the day before. lol

GTP: Sweaty Palms - PSN: eciracing - Number: 54
Haha, no worries! Sent you a friend request and will make sure it's posted on here as well closer to the time. Thank you for your interest. :)

Hoping to get some lobbies up for testing in the run up to it too for anyone who fancies trying it out.

Haha, no worries! Sent you a friend request and will make sure it's posted on here as well closer to the time. Thank you for your interest. :)

Hoping to get some lobbies up for testing in the run up to it too for anyone who fancies trying it out.
I have a small group of guys I race with in a series every Friday night. I will pass this along to them as well.

P.s. if you're interested, we're always looking for new people to join us on Friday nights. We currently have 2 races left in our FF series. Then a new one will start. Feel free to join either one at any time. Real laid back.

The details of the 2 series can be found here on my website.
www.billysniche.com/gt7

@F12_Josh this looks fun I did this back on GT Sport , sign me up number 88, at some stage I want to do this with the Mx5 '89.

Added you on there, thank you! Did see you had shared a MK1 MX5, would love to do that. Have a large obsession with any of the UK MX5 series. :lol:

Hi @F12_Josh, count me in! Number 35, please.
We mentioned it the other day in the voice chat during the last round of the Classic Stock Hatch Championship, so hopefully some more will join.

Hi @F12_Josh, count me in! Number 35, please.
We mentioned it the other day in the voice chat during the last round of the Classic Stock Hatch Championship, so hopefully some more will join.
Thank you, added you in!

Just over a week (8 days and 18 minutes to be exact!) until qualifying starts, hopefully another couple or so join in to make it a decent one for us. :)

@Sweaty Palms, @coxbox, @Wisy

Sorry to do this guys but going to be postponing the event! Given PD do seem to be working (Slowly!) on the lobbies hopefully in a few updates time it will ignite the interest again and there will be a decent field to race with too. I'm sure we'd all rather that than try race with something sub-optimal. :)

Will definitely run these at some point, so keep them tucked away! They're pretty fun round Watkins Glen too. :lol:

20829798584670209.jpg

@Sweaty Palms, @coxbox, @Wisy

Sorry to do this guys but going to be postponing the event! Given PD do seem to be working (Slowly!) on the lobbies hopefully in a few updates time it will ignite the interest again and there will be a decent field to race with too. I'm sure we'd all rather that than try race with something sub-optimal. :)

Will definitely run these at some point, so keep them tucked away! They're pretty fun round Watkins Glen too. :lol:

View attachment 1164773
The latest update has added more options though. I think most people just play sport mode now and don't look on here like I remember back in the day.

Back