MX-5 Miata Playboy Cup - any interest

Messages
4,803
United States
Dearborn, MI
Messages
MotorCtyHamilton
http://www.mx-5cup.com/

Thinking Friday or Saturday nights around 10 pm eastern time. The game really only allows a handful of restrictions, so everything else will be open.

Power 207 (the real MX-5 cars are around 200)
Weight 1100 (real cars are 1147)
Sport Soft Tires
No skid recovery
No active steering
No ASM
TCS open
ABS open

All other mods legal, only because they cannot be restricted. Don't care how you meet the power number. The MX-5 comes stock in the game at 1100 kg so no weight reductions.

Any interest?

If not, I may open it up to being an improved touring style event. Open to all cars that fit within 207 hp, 1100 kg and sport soft tires. I will have to look at other cars like the Honda Civics to see if they can even make this minimum weight. May have to lower it to include more cars and allow heavier ones to tune down to it?
 
You know there's already an MX5 cup going right now. You might want to join up. I'm not sure if we are running a 2nd season right away or not. But as long as this doesn't conflict with my current one I am in, I will be in. I like to race where everyone is on the same car.
 
Sorry. Didn't see the other one. MX-5 Cup or Spec Miata? Spec Miata is with the older cars and 138 hp. Let's see what kind of interest I get. Some of my old Honda racing friends say they also want in, but I like the idea of MX-5 Cup.
 
There IS an MX-5 series here, it was started by the guy who posted 2nd in the Spec Miata thread. He didn't like how the rules were shaping up so he went off and started his own series.



Which is not nearly as popular as the Spec Miata thread.
 
I found it, but didn't there haven't been any posts in there lately. Not sure if it is still going.

Funny that his rules package looks awefully similar to the Spec Miata rules - untechable.

I really wish that I had time to do the Spec Miata one on Sunday's, but 7 pm just isn't good for me. I didn't want to start another Spec Miata series at a different time as I didn't think that would go over well. So, I sent 1600 turbo a PM asking of he minded if I start this at a different time and he was cool with it. I may turn this into Improved Touring and let in my Honda friends. I am not looking to compete with other online series. Just looking to put one at times me and friends may be able to do it.
 
I found it, but didn't there haven't been any posts in there lately. Not sure if it is still going.

Funny that his rules package looks awefully similar to the Spec Miata rules - untechable.

I really wish that I had time to do the Spec Miata one on Sunday's, but 7 pm just isn't good for me. I didn't want to start another Spec Miata series at a different time as I didn't think that would go over well. So, I sent 1600 turbo a PM asking of he minded if I start this at a different time and he was cool with it. I may turn this into Improved Touring and let in my Honda friends. I am not looking to compete with other online series. Just looking to put one at times me and friends may be able to do it.

Man, I joined a racing club and our 1st race is with a 2006 completely stock Honda S2000 - on comfort softs. It is an awesome car and I have fallen in love with driving it the last couple of days. Start a series with that car and I'm all over it!!! :)
 
I've been looking for more online racing so whatever you come up with I'm in. This will work out perfectly for me with it being on a different day than Spec Miata. If you need any help researching car ideas I can help with that as well. One car I've really wanted to get on the track and race is the BMW 1 series.
 
Ill join. Aslong as the times are good.

Teamlotus Europa
Fanatec Carrera Wheel
Play times: 5 - 7 Week days , all weekend (GMT TIME)
 
Id get in on this too, Ill keep an eye on this thread for when theres more details up.
Tor
 
I think this will change into a racing series called Improved Touring. That is an SCCA racing series that uses street sedans, adds cages, Hoosier dot racing tires and some basic tuning improvements. Since GT5's online racing only allows for a few settings to be locked, the rules will be simple. I'm not fond of the honor system for online racing because there is always one black sheep in the family.

Max HP: 207
Minimum weight: 1,000kg
Tires: Sport Softs
No skid recovery
No active steering
No ASM
TCS open
ABS open
All other mods open.

The 1,000 kg should open it up to old and new Miatas, Civics, Celicas, WRX, Mazda 6, etc. I looked at a dozen or so cars last night and 1,000 kg seemed light enough to let in a whole lot more cars of reasonable similar power/weight/handling. I don't want the spread to get too far between stock weight levels, but if someone was interested in using a car that I haven't considered, but we need a weight level of 950... then o.k.

Also, I don't have the time to organize this into a series with a points system and on track penalties for driving, etc. But, if someone else is interested in making a points system and having a two person rules review stewardship, cool. I just don't have the time. If noone is interested in making it a points series, let's just make this a regular Friday or Saturday night thing where the room gets opened, 20 minutes for qualifying, then race for 30 mins. We could even do multiple races in a night, just following the same rules package each week. It could turn into a fun, consistent room to join.
 
Back