My “save data is corrupted.” Now what?

Title says it all. I’m a little too annoyed to do a search. Not really a way around this is there? And I’m assuming because of FIA internet connection reasons, I can’t just copy another person’s save file to get back to approximately where I was, can I.

If you have PS Plus, couldn't you restore the most recent backup save from the cloud?

I used to have PS Plus but not anymore. Would it have saved automatically or is it something you have to actively do?

Attachments

• 7113055C-8057-4AA6-BADD-EC6AEEF42244.jpeg
    7113055C-8057-4AA6-BADD-EC6AEEF42244.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 14
So question for the gurus:

GTS is saved locally, but the main save file is in PD servers.

If one has the PSN plus, you can of course upload you local save to the PSN server as backup.

In the case of a failure on either side (local or PD), one can force the the back up file on PSN to become the main file on both PD server and in return the local file as well right?

Or will the file in PD server will always be the main save file by default, whether it is good or corrupted...

So which is it?

So I looked at the game save file on my PS4 menu, and there were two files for GT Sport — a game save file, and a file simply called "corrupted file." I copied both to a USB, then deleted the corrupted one, and my game save worked fine. It had to reload all the thumbnails, but no other changes that I can see. Very relieved :sly:

Back