My $10 Wheel Stand

• Thread starter clumzy
  • 0 comments
I've been lurking here for a few months reading up on how to build a cheap, yet functional, wheel stand for my old Logitech Force Feedback Pro steering wheel. I've had it for more than a year and haven't had time to build a stand for it until recently.

Check out the pictures of the beast here:
clumzy's cheap wheel stand

I say it's $10 because most of the materials were free. The 2x4's I had in my garage and both the base piece and "tabletop" was scavenged from HomeDepot's scrap bin. The dark stain, the wire loom and velcro ties I had from previous projects as well.

The only things I paid for was the 6" carriage bolts, wing nuts, washers, those plastic wire guides and what you can't see are 4 rubber feet I put on the bottom of the base (should have taken a picture of that). Oh and I had to pay the HomeDepot guy $1 to cut the base a little shorter for me. All that stuff was around $10-15.

In terms of performance it's very steady and the pedals do not slip because of the ultra-gloss shean on the base. I've been using it on and off for the past few weeks and sofar I'm very happy with it.

So hello again and lemme know if you'd like any more shots of it.

Edit:
Oh I forgot to mention that it folds down too. Just in case your wife doesn't like having it sitting around when not in use. The stand part folds down to the base for storage.

Back