My 180SX

  • Thread starter Thread starter Revheadnz
  • 35 comments
  • 3,113 views
Really nice car! If I knew how to work on a car, I'd probably get one myself. 👍 I like all 240SXs from the '89(?) to the late-90's ones in the U.S.

I'm into the stock-look right now, and I understand the wing is actually stock, but I think it looks very clean without it. Just my two cents.
 
Nissansilvia.com might be better for Revheadnz as he has a 180SX not a 240SX. (I have never been to any 240SX forums though)

Cool, thanks. The 240SX forums are sometimes good for info but more often than not it's people asking how they can drift or how to make their car like a silvia instead of stuff which applies to moi.

Really nice car! If I knew how to work on a car, I'd probably get one myself. 👍 I like all 240SXs from the '89(?) to the late-90's ones in the U.S.

I'm into the stock-look right now, and I understand the wing is actually stock, but I think it looks very clean without it. Just my two cents.

Thanks man, I like the way the car looks minus the wing. Heh, the wing actually is a 180SX Type X item, off of a 1996+ (I believe) 180SX Type X. I think a previous owner of my car tried to make it look like a Type X because my car has Type X end caps and what I think are Type X skirts and there is some sort of tape stuff on the rear lights to create a rangi Type X lights + it had the wing. I might invest in a 180SX bumper and proper lights later on to finish off the Type X look though. I'm starting new job in two weeks so will have some decent money coming in soonish to buy stuff with.
 
I think 240sxforums.com is a much better site than zilvia. Zilvia has a bunch of flaming, and the layout is hard to work out.

Zilvia tends to weed out only the extreme of douchebag from their site as a means of keeping the community based around folks who actually know the technology and what they are dealing with as opposed to those who get into it for the 'wrong reason'.

You're going to get the best technical information in their forums for basically every form of racing the 240 can compete in. The forums are populated by many shop owners who post regularly with both tech and sales info. The for sale section is constantly changing with a wide variety of parts, wheels, and cars.

Plus many people have clean ass cars who actually track them.

just don't be an idiot and prepare to contribute to the community.
 
My car has had a new clutch and a skimmed flywheel for just under a week now. Feels much better 👍.
 
mint condition. good looking
 
Back