My 1st Serious "Real" Livery...

I am awed and inspired by much of the race cars I see on the forum pages here and at FM4, and after making a few cars for the club mates I put to work making something of a real looking type car.

I've always been a fan of home brewed livery cars since the early days of the NASCAR 1 by Papyrus, before it was bought and destroyed by big money. I loved being able to export the car skin, change it, bring it back in. Even in the glorious days of 8 bit color and pixels the size of my shoes it was always amazing to see the "real" fake cars that looked like they belonged somewhere.

Back then, I started an idea in my head for a racing series, which eventually became "RealCar". RealCar was the polar opposite of NASCAR, or "Stock"cars as they would be. There's an actual factual acronym somewhere on a note pad in my office/model room somewhere, written long ago and placement long forgotten...

But the concept has lived on in my head forever it seems.

Though we see many sports car racing groups now a days, the days of big(ish) V8 sedans is all but lost in their stock(ish) form, except maybe for the awesomeness of the Aussie V8 Super Car series, which I very much like.

I believe this may be my first attempt at pictures here, so I hope they come out OK...

SRT868031.jpg

SRT868032.jpg

I have to do some research on safeties, tow arrows, electrical markings and the like to flush it out, and I am still making additional decals for some of the gaps... But it's a start. ?B)

Also in the works is a V8 super car I picked up in the auction house cheap and an old Javelin in the theme of Mark Donahue's old Matador...

Thanks for taking a look, and any comments or safety item placement help greatly appreciated. ?B)

I have a noobish question but how do you find the advan logo and the falken logo etc... because I've only got alpinestars and the others but not an of the ones you've got on your cars

Looks good. Would like to see it in a solid/metallic paint coat. White might look stunning?

@AoH, any logos or decals you see that are not included in the default livery options are either made by user or purchased from other users via storefront. A quick search of pretty much any word will surely have a few hits depending on popularity. The sky's the limit with the Forza community and liveries.

I have a noobish question but how do you find the advan logo and the falken logo etc... because I've only got alpinestars and the others but not an of the ones you've got on your cars

I happen to have both the Advan logo and Falken logo in very good detail on my storefront, along with a whole bunch more, all for only 1000 Cr. :D

Logo creating is my FM4 "hobby", so please give me a shout if you need anything specific!

sweet, I was just a little annoyed how they weren't default logos, they are famous brands and do you have a Top Secret logo?

No Top Secret logo yet, but that one is widely available on the storefronts if you need it right now. I plan to make one though, since I will need it for my drifter Silvia S15 that I'm tuning right now.

@Bean...: Thanks much. I don't frequent the net often enough. Sorry it's a bit belated.

@eSZee...: I do list cars in the Auction house on occasion, though that 68 is one of my "drivers". I don't know that I have it in that exact scheme anymore, but I might have the design kicking around. I have a had number of similar cars that have gone through and sold with different colors and or numbers. I don't like to have the same numbers on all my auction cars, and I only sell the designs for a short time. Always nicer to have different paint on a car. Makes me sure of the fact I'm not playing GT5... :P

@ AoH...: I have a Top Secret logo around somewhere, actually some 80 cars worth of logos. Probably in there somewhere. There are groups that are available to get some for free if you look. If I have anything with out any strings attached I don't mind sending it along. Some of the stuff I have is members only, so I can't/don't give it out.

I don't sell anything I get from groups like that. If I make it, that's one thing and maybe I sell it. But their work isn't mine to cash in on. As I mainly deal in unlocked items, I am very careful about where they go. You don't bite the hand that feeds you...unless you like being hungry...

If you still need a Top Secret logo I can check for you and see what's what. As long as it's an item I can give out, I'll send it to you if you still need it.

Just don't let it end up on your storefront... On an auction car as a complete work, no problem. But I can't send stuff to anyone that tries to sell it as a decal for a quick couple of imaginary credits unless the author of said decal says it's OK.

__

Back