My 2 GT5 Complaints

  • Thread starter Thread starter rwideman
  • 12 comments
  • 1,667 views
Messages
14
Messages
rwideman13
Sorry to vent but this is 2 years coming......
1) No time placement before starting a race. This existed in previous editions but not GT5...being able to test the track out prior to actually racing it and doing a time placement. I miss this...
2) When trying to exit an existing race/TT/etc you are forced to hit start to pause then arrow all the way over to Exit instead of the O which works to do the same exact thing in every other place of GT5.

Thanks
Robert
 
I'm not particularly fussed about the mechanics of exiting a race, but yeah; I thought it was odd that they did away with the mechanic of trying to land the pole position, prior to the start of the race.
 
Exiting races is fine with me. But I agree with you about the whole qualifying/testing the track being taken out. I think they did that though because of all these 'chase the rabbit' style seasonals.
 
But I agree with you about the whole qualifying/testing the track being taken out. I think they did that though because of all these 'chase the rabbit' style seasonals.
You don't "race" in GT5. Fact.
 
You don't "race" in GT5. Fact.

Let's not make this a debate about the definition of race :)

1) No time placement before starting a race. This existed in previous editions but not GT5...being able to test the track out prior to actually racing it and doing a time placement. I miss this...
2) When trying to exit an existing race/TT/etc you are forced to hit start to pause then arrow all the way over to Exit instead of the O which works to do the same exact thing in every other place of GT5.

By "Time placement" do you mean qualifying? I must admit this frustrated me at first, but it's not been needed at any point, honestly if there was qualifying it would just make the easy races even easier :(
There's qualifying online~ That's good enough for me

As for it taking slightly longer than necessary to exit a race, I concur, though it's not been a big enough frustration to bother me too much.

I'm much more bothered by things like how 'spacebar' isn't mapped to any button on the youtube app on xbox. But that's a whole other story.
 
Fine. :sly: But it all goes back to OP's complaint about not having qualifying.

I know what you're getting at and I do agree with you. But the debate over what defines a "race" has been raised and raged many times in the forums and I don't think it needs another go :)
 
I would say that the "races" are more like "chases". If you doubt that at all, do the classic muscle car seasonal on Daytona. The leader is at least 20 seconds ahead of the guy in third.
 
...to Exit...the O which works to do the same exact thing in every other place of GT5.

There are still several places in GT5's menus where pressing the circle button to go back doesn't actually take you back, it just takes you to another button where you have to press X to go back, it's very annoying. Also, when reading a description of a car in Dealerships, you have to press triangle to go back. Why? Who knows! I'm sure it makes PD-sense to Kazunori San, although it makes no sense to anyone else. GT5 lacks cohesion in so many areas, the menu system being just one of them.
 
VBR
There are still several places in GT5's menus where pressing the circle button to go back doesn't actually take you back, it just takes you to another button where you have to press X to go back, it's very annoying. Also, when reading a description of a car in Dealerships, you have to press triangle to go back. Why? Who knows! I'm sure it makes PD-sense to Kazunori San, although it makes no sense to anyone else. GT5 lacks cohesion in so many areas, the menu system being just one of them.

Not that I'm defending GT5's badly designed menu and menu control scheme... but that one actually makes perfect sense to me. You aren't bringing up a separate window or going to a different screen, you are simply toggling a different display mode. So it makes sense to toggle it off with the same button that toggles it on. It confused me the first couple of times until I thought about it for a moment. I suppose it's worse considering how unpredictable everything in the menus is.

What never seems to cease amusing me is the way the cursor moves in the main GT Life screen. In many cases pressing one direction and then back the other way won't go back to the same place you started, causing some odd results especially when combined with the way the cursor jumps around anyway. I discovered the other day that if you press exactly diagonal on the directional pad, you will get different results than you can get otherwise. On some panels it won't move at all and you can make the "movement beep" repeatedly if you're accurate enough, and on others it will move in some strange directions. Easily amused, I know. :)

The circle to go back versus circle to go to the back button versus home-screen button does of course drive me crazy as well.
 
Sorry to vent but this is 2 years coming......
1) No time placement before starting a race. This existed in previous editions but not GT5...being able to test the track out prior to actually racing it and doing a time placement. I miss this...
2) When trying to exit an existing race/TT/etc you are forced to hit start to pause then arrow all the way over to Exit instead of the O which works to do the same exact thing in every other place of GT5.

Thanks
Robert

Hi Robert,

I agree with the first note. Qualification, or at least a test run, would be great.
On the second note I actually like that you need to go through all those steps before exiting a race. If they make exiting too easy, then people might exit a lot of races by mistake when they just want to pause the game.

Best regards and a happy ending of 2012,
Erik
 
1. Practice Mode - If you're really that fussed about learning the tracks, then use Practice :)
2. OMFG! PD Are forcing you to scroll right 3(or4) times?!

template.jpg
 
Last edited:
1. Practice Mode - If you're really that fussed about learning the tracks, then use Practice :)

template.jpg

I know all the tracks. My problem is I have over 500 cars with endless mods to them. I want to setup a car for a race given the specific requirements, ie PP with a certain tire set, test it and if needed them make a few changes and test it again. This is my issue with not having a qualifying or test round prior to entering a race.

Note that I do know about the saving a car setup but that changes when you are doing Seasonal Races and they are all different..

Add this to my original 2 vents: when going into a season race and your car is off by 1 PP and I click Garage this does not give me the same Garage with ALL my cars. My issue is I have to exit this prompt and go back a level and go up to the Garage icon....ie not all Garage's are equal and it might have been missed during QA.

Thanks
Robert
 
Back