My bad luck...

• Thread starter SliderMan
  • 7 comments
MovingShadows
Right, today started off good as I got a bit of money paid into my bank (education maintenence allowance, or ema) which is nice because im only 16 :). So I thought it would be nice to treat myself to a copy of GTPSP...

Finally got home eager to play the thing, and I realised I needed to update my psp before I could boot GT, so I waited for it to charge (a whole hour absolutely killed me because I was looking so forward to it!) so it would allow me to update it.

40 minutes later it was ready and with a big grin on my face I ran the update...

"Installing, please wait..."

I waited.

"Update complete, press x to restart"

As I pressed x I said to myself "here we go, finally after 5 years of waiting I can finally play my favorite game on my psp, this is going to be epic!"

Power light comes on...

...then nothing. The light goes out, my psp has failed to boot.

5 whole years i've been waiting for this game to be released, and the day comes for me to finally play it. And my psp, of all times, turns into that dreaded term psp users everywhere hate the sound of... a brick.

I just thought I could share this unfortunate event with you.

Enjoy the game, I know I will (when i've bought a new psp.. for the 4th time :nervous:)

This can't be as bad as me bricking my PSP for a MGS Peace Walker demo. I was updating the firmware on my slim for that demo with a phat battery without a battery cover. You can guess what happened next.

Last edited:
will be getting my copy tomoz, i aint used me psp for nearly a year,

hope it will be epic, love booting up a new copy and watching the intro movie........

convince a friend to loan you there console (if they have not been using it much). If they are really good friends you may be able to borrow it till xmas.

*EDIT*

You can try and get them to loan you there console by offering them something of yours to borrow that you may not need.

Back