my bad?

  • Thread starter Thread starter frothy bowel
  • 16 comments
  • 500 views
Messages
52
hi everybody.
i'm frothy, i'm an GT3 addict.

long time reader, first time posting.

i won the toyota road car in one of the events, hadn't used it much until recently... entered some of the amateur level events and *cleaned up*
it wasn't even close.
of course i was racing slightly tuned scooby-doos, some american muscle and such...

i found the wins very unsatisfying.

i am now longing to start over, scraping for a win with my lightly modded PT cruiser.... 'sigh'.... those were the days...
 
if you want more excitiing races use a car that is on the level of the AI
 
Hi, frothy. Welcome to posting!

I started my game by trying to buy as few cars as possible... which lasted for about half of Beginner level. After running the Beginner Stars & Stripes in the Camaro racecar, and the Beginner MR in the Clio racecar, I gave that up quickly. Even with my unskilled driving, the races were a blowout, and just no fun.

In fact, click here to read about it.

I wouldn't start over in your shoes, but I would learn the lesson and stick to more even matches. I agree, it is much more fun that way.
 
then again don't use a car that is under powered or they will just leave you, and you'll have no chance catching up
 
ACTUALLY....hehehe,in Arcade Mode,I've beaten Race Cars in Hard Mode on Special Stage Route 11 with my regular 354HP Trueno,not my Shigeno Version one,but my regular one..only cause they slowed down waaaaay too much on that first corner and others as well.Besides,after going nonstop on that course for over 3 hours,you tend to learn it like the back of your hand :lol:

AE86Driver
 
I get a car I would like to use and buy every part for it (if you have the money or can win it back quick). Then when I enter a series I go to qualifying. If Im too slow I add some parts, too fast?, I take some off...
 
frothy bowel ...:odd:
 
G'day frothy :odd:

welcome to my forum :p

try running you car at the same level as the AI or if tire wear becomes an issue run a car less pwoerfull than the AI with ubber hard tires :)
 
Originally posted by Frustrated Palm
What does that name mean anyway?

i have, what some might term: a condition

it requires a certain amount of sensitivity on ones part.

a-kind-of special needs.

to put it plainly: i am *extremely* flatulent.
i mean, i "pass-gas" *all the time*

it doesn't matter what i eat or drink, because everything has the same effect on me; that is- it makes me fart.

have you ever been in a situation, say- a seminar, where everyone is absolutely focused on what is being presented... the room is as quiet as a tomb-
and then suddenly my intestines start to churn... not just a twinge... i mean a violent clashing of enzymes and chemicals multiplying into a veritable cornicopia of methane gas thrusting at my sphincter to be let free.... free into the air around me

i am helpless to resist, i surrender to nature...

bbbbwwwwaaaaaaapppppppttthhhhhh... ssssss...

ah, balance again... i am once more at peace. albiet, extremely embarased.. so i immediately give the nearest chubby female a dirty look.

;)
 
Originally posted by Frustrated Palm
I get a car I would like to use and buy every part for it (if you have the money or can win it back quick). Then when I enter a series I go to qualifying. If Im too slow I add some parts, too fast?, I take some off...

so, if i exit a race after i qualify... does it affect my win percentage?

i like your idea of 'de-tuning' the car, but i would rather just get in a different vehicle in my garage... something more closely matched.

btw- i've noticed the AI enters different cars from in the exact same race/level... for example: i entered the super speedway endurance race with my SLK kompressor and got completely dusted by a RUF... when i re-entered the race with my CLK road car, the fastest thing in the race was a modded subaru (that i completely killed)
 
Originally posted by frothy bowel
i have, what some might term: a condition

it requires a certain amount of sensitivity on ones part.

a-kind-of special needs.

to put it plainly: i am *extremely* flatulent.
i mean, i "pass-gas" *all the time*

it doesn't matter what i eat or drink, because everything has the same effect on me; that is- it makes me fart.

have you ever been in a situation, say- a seminar, where everyone is absolutely focused on what is being presented... the room is as quiet as a tomb-
and then suddenly my intestines start to churn... not just a twinge... i mean a violent clashing of enzymes and chemicals multiplying into a veritable cornicopia of methane gas thrusting at my sphincter to be let free.... free into the air around me

i am helpless to resist, i surrender to nature...

bbbbwwwwaaaaaaapppppppttthhhhhh... ssssss...

ah, balance again... i am once more at peace. albiet, extremely embarased.. so i immediately give the nearest chubby female a dirty look.

;)

You are hillarious :lol:. But that name is pretty gross :odd:

Qualifying and adjusting to fit the race is a good strategy... wait, that's not really a strategy, is it?
 
Originally posted by Gawd
You are hillarious :lol:. But that name is pretty gross :odd:

Qualifying and adjusting to fit the race is a good strategy... wait, that's not really a strategy, is it?

i like your avatar...

"...this is for zhora..<snap>... and this is for pris <snap>..."
 
Originally posted by frothy bowel
so, if i exit a race after i qualify... does it affect my win percentage?

i like your idea of 'de-tuning' the car, but i would rather just get in a different vehicle in my garage... something more closely matched.

btw- i've noticed the AI enters different cars from in the exact same race/level... for example: i entered the super speedway endurance race with my SLK kompressor and got completely dusted by a RUF... when i re-entered the race with my CLK road car, the fastest thing in the race was a modded subaru (that i completely killed)

No no, I think you misunderstood me. I buy every availible part for the car and go to the race or enduro I want to do. I go to qualifying to see How I match up to them. If Im not fast enough I exit qualifying and go to setting (not exiting the race). I add a few parts and go back into qualifying. If Im still too slow I add more stuff. If im to fast I take off some parts. You dont need to exit the race to add parts to a car.
 
Originally posted by Frustrated Palm
No no, I think you misunderstood me. I buy every availible part for the car and go to the race or enduro I want to do. I go to qualifying to see How I match up to them. If Im not fast enough I exit qualifying and go to setting (not exiting the race). I add a few parts and go back into qualifying. If Im still too slow I add more stuff. If im to fast I take off some parts. You dont need to exit the race to add parts to a car.

OK, gotcha... i was thinking you needed to exit the race to "change parts"...
 
Back