My "beast" does not turn

• Thread starter The-BNA
  • 19 comments
thebna
So I've bought the F40, but I can't get it to turn at all, so far the F430 is much better handling. Even acceleration seems slower, but tuning the gears help a little. Any suggestions on how to make this car turn? I thought turning was it's speciality

I've moved this for you.

And I'll point out that the F430 is faster round Fiorano than the F40 was.

Can you modify toe? (I haven't got this yet). Give a toe out in the rear (should be a negative value) and try making the rear springs and stabilisers stiffer in the rear. That should help to cure understeer. If I had the game I'd give you an actual setup.

I thought turning was it's speciality
It can, but don't forget that car as nothing but engine and shell.. It was described as a Go-Kart with a V8 in it, crazy.

Yeah, it weighed a VERY light (comparitively) 1050 KG, most supercars these days weigh around 500 KG more, THATS HALF A ToN!!!

Yes I know it's very light which is why I was expecting much better handling, and I don't think it's very good at stopping either. Still fiddling with setups for it, cause it's definitely a cool car.

It's 20 years old too. That was when we were playing Super Mario Bros, Rad Racer, Bubble Bobble and had never heard about a Super Nintendo.

the F40 is awesome around the daytona speedway :)

still need to work a bit to get the understeer down a bit cant fault it in a straight line though :)

Hi all

I am having trouble controlling my F40 when braking and accelerating out of corners. I have seen Rocket Punch's F40 > Suzuka turning thread and have tried his settings but I still cant control the F40.

I play with Pro physics, off on everything including ABS. Its also the first time I have real trouble controlling a car!!

Wondering any guys who own F40 could help with turning it to decrease Oversteer and any tips on how I could change my driving style.

Thanks Guys,

PS. I put this in the 'GT5P ' not in the 'Car Turning and Settings' because I thought it would help alot of other people with driving the F40 and that the 'GT5P' has a wider audiences and alot do not view the 'Car Turning and Settings'.

Hi Bigaddygun,

i´ve been playing GT5P since last Friday and managed all licence-tests with the Pro-Setting. When i finally got the F40 yesterday i suffered from the same problems, you mentioned.

To be honest: For the first time since playing GT5P i switched from Pro- to Standard-Setting. Now the F40 is much more fun to drive.

Could anyone confirm this ?

Or is it just our lack of ability that makes the F40 such a difficult car to drive ???

(btw: A Supersports-Car that accelerates to 200 km/h in second gear with basic gearbox......... wonderful !!!)

Yup, when I first got it I too had problems controlling it! However once set to standard physics its much more controllable & enjoyable!

If you dont want to try standard physics then try Active Steering, all it does is prevent the car from oversteering without effecting power. I tried it before going to standard physics with the F40 and it did definately make a difference! But it was still very hard to control!

I am having trouble controlling my F40 when braking and accelerating out of corners. I have seen Rocket Punch's F40 > Suzuka turning thread and have tried his settings but I still cant control the F40.
I've merged your thread with his as you're basically asking the same question

PS. I put this in the 'GT5P ' not in the 'Car Turning and Settings' because I thought it would help alot of other people with driving the F40 and that the 'GT5P' has a wider audiences and alot do not view the 'Car Turning and Settings'.
Don't do that. Please put threads where they should go according to their subject. What is the point of having different forums if you put a thread where you want instead of where it should go?

Yeah, it weighed a VERY light (comparitively) 1050 KG, most supercars these days weigh around 500 KG more, THATS HALF A ToN!!!

No production F40 weights 1050kg.

The official curb is 1100kg
The official curb for US Spec is 1352kg

The F40 in game is not a US spec car and in show room it saids 1100kg, yet the weight in QTS show 1352kg. Gear ratio and final drive ratio in QTS matches the factory setting but the speed is all wrong.

See this thread here for the F40 discussion: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=104267

Hi all

I play with Pro physics, off on everything including ABS. Its also the first time I have real trouble controlling a car!!

Wondering any guys who own F40 could help with turning it to decrease Oversteer and any tips on how I could change my driving style.

Thanks Guys,

NO amount of setting will work if you overdrive the car, so do not subject yourself to that illusion. In addition, settings do not "cure" anything; every single adjustments you made to a car simply alters its dynamics and you do not "gain" anything as it is always 100% a trade off.

You are trading one aspect of the cars dynamics in exchange for something else.

@ BNA:

What physics are you playing with? Standard or professional?

@ Bigaddygun

Take a look at your current quick tune settings and post them here for me if you don't mind. I know you're having some issues with professional physiscs. I've had the same problem w/ other high power/high torque cars but have worked out some ways to help control it. I'd like to see where you're at settings wise first before suggesting something.

Back