My Bob is out for a sunday drive!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fastphil96
  • 21 comments
  • 2,035 views
Messages
112
Canada
Ste-Marthe-sur-le-Lac, QC
Messages
Fastphil96
This is so annoying... I set up a B-Spec race with a car that's a shoo-in for the win, and my Bob goes and builds up a 5-7 second lead by the 4th lap of a 6-lap race, then he ends up finishing second by less than half a second. The guy is just tootling around the track, like there's nobody after him! Sometimes he wins, but even then it's by less than a second, two at the most. Anybody else have this going on? I admit he's only at level 2, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the car can go a whole lot faster! :crazy:
 
Do you tell him to pace up when you notice his lap times slowing down?
 
You do realise that you can give Bob orders to go faster/slower/maintain pace/overtake don't you.... 💡




spy.
 
- They're is already plenty of threads about the dodgy drivers of B-Spec.

Just go's to show, how awful B-Spec really is... My B-Spec loser drove into a wall, and sat there the rest of the race...
 
Some races, I'm constantly telling him to overtake, and yet he still loses time to the opponents.
 
Some races, I'm constantly telling him to overtake, and yet he still loses time to the opponents.

But is he going faster then his previous laps?
 
But is he going faster then his previous laps?

The second or third lap is usually the fastest, then it drops off. I'm in the process of watching him throw another sure win out the window right now! And no, his strength and mental strength are not going way down, in fact his mental strength usually stays full, and the strength ends up about half at the end of the race.
 
The second or third lap is usually the fastest, then it drops off. I'm in the process of watching him throw another sure win out the window right now! And no, his strength and mental strength are not going way down, in fact his mental strength usually stays full, and the strength ends up about half at the end of the race.

Just got to keep pushing him, or he's comfortable with the car yet. Usually after 3-4 tries, they learn the car quite well and become quite a bit faster.
 
Yes, that happens to me also. He once was even 10 seconds slower then the fastest time posted by him. I then told him to go faster, then he got nervous and spun.
 
I guess he might get used to the car, but my first Bob still finds my tail-happy FD RX-7 a real handful! :)
 
If you want your B-spec guy to win without putting in any input, you need to give him a far superior car to the competition.
They really are useless.
 
B-Spec is unutterably tedious. The worst about it is that they get longer races than me. I'd love to know why.
 
My B spec Bob just got through givin' em the business in the Like The Wind Challenge. To his credit, he was in the Peugeot 908 (that car is scary good). He got his butt whupped in the Zonda, could only manage 8th place.
 
One of my b-spec drivers is about lvl 22 or so and I did a test using the same car (Ford GT40 race car). I can run flat out at about 43 seconds on Indy. When I push D. Frankfurter to the ragged edge he is lucky to keep his laps under 50 seconds in the same car. If I leave him alone he slows down to almost 59 seconds. It's about a 10 second difference! It would improve B-Spec greatly if you could set the drivers level and have it stay there. Having to jam on Pace Up just so a race driver stays competitive is rather strange.
 
My B Spec crew is doing alright. It was a rough start with my first driver.

img1916t.jpg
 
I think its a shame that they did not do it voice controlled because then he can hear me what I am calling him and what I am going to do to him if he just takes the inside line on the corner instead of overtaking on the outside.
 
I think its a shame that they did not do it voice controlled because then he can hear me what I am calling him and what I am going to do to him if he just takes the inside line on the corner instead of overtaking on the outside.

Just like Tom Clancy's endwar game 👍
 
dude, 6 B-spec drivers that high in level? Wow, sometimes I wish I was 17 again so I had the time, attention span and willpower to play GT 24/7.

B-spec isn't so bad, I'm starting to like it.
 
dude, 6 B-spec drivers that high in level? Wow, sometimes I wish I was 17 again so I had the time, attention span and willpower to play GT 24/7.

B-spec isn't so bad, I'm starting to like it.

17 ? Come on, I'm 58 retired and have all kinds of time to play video games. :)
 
I think its a shame that they did not do it voice controlled because then he can hear me what I am calling him and what I am going to do to him if he just takes the inside line on the corner instead of overtaking on the outside.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That reminds me of the truck B-Spec race. I was yelling at him as he kept taking the lead and losing it, going WAY too slow in the corners and then at the end he barely won by something like .04 seconds! This is usually my range of emotions when b-specing :scared::crazy::ouch::irked::banghead:
 
My B-Spec drivers are like this...

24
24
23
23
24
19

I'll have to post a pic later.

On topic. They seem to have made it that way to combat AFK'ing ever single race.
 
B-Spec Bob. I never did get along with him. He is level 14 and would do many of the similar annoying things mentioned in this thread. A recent race he was in 2nd place for the whole race. I was constantly on his back to overtake, but couldnt get there. On the last lap, I changed my approach and told him to maintain pace until the final corner telling him to overtake... which he did. I appreciated it greatly, and we co-existed happily ever after.
 
Back