My brief, and somewhat sore, career in Death MetalMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Diego440
  • 28 comments
  • 1,646 views

Diego440

Born to browse
Premium
Messages
12,486
Venezuela
CCS
Messages
GTP_Diego
So in August 1993 I was 17 years old, and good friends with a group of guys who had a band. They were pretty serious about having their band edit a full-length CD and I was happy to put them in contact with people I knew at the time, were it through family members or just people around.

So they started recording in January 1994, and since there were lots of alcohol, girls (albeit a bit Goth-like) and chances to have fun, I stopped studying that semester (I was in college then) and joined them full time in the recording studio.

It was very fun, and they even asked me to do a bit of singing. Which I did. Below is a link to a .rar file which contains two mp3s. The two songs in which I sang.

I was undusting some old CDs and found this one. The whole CD has five songs, but I only sang in these two.

http://rapidshare.com/files/73753701/Krueger.rar

There are two voice in the song called "Vomito de Frutas", I'm the growl one. In the one called "Coito Anal" there are three voices, again I'm the growl one. The sound may be a bit off, but this was 1994, and quality wasn't easily available to anyone. Growl singing really hurts when you're no expert!
 
And I used to think you were such a nice boy, Diego...

Those are great, although I am just glad I don't understand Spanish :sick:
 
And I used to think you were such a nice boy, Diego...

Those are great, although I am just glad I don't understand Spanish :sick:

I can translate the song titles if you wish... :scared:



edit: whoa, similar post
 
I could translate the lyrics... as long as you can guarantee safe passage :sly:
 
Thanks, but I can work out atleast one of the titles myself - and I'm really hoping this isn't why your brief career in Death Metal was 'somewhat sore'... :O
 
Awesome...... 👍 :drool:
So what happened to Krueger now? Are you still in the band? Did you guys go on an infinite hiatus? Well......i can't say much, just that......well....... you are amazing.... :lol:
 
The band still exists, although when I was a semi-part of it, it was through its second line-up. Right now I think only one of the guitarists is still there. The rest have moved on to less grind-ish styles.
 
Death Metal- the cause of many suicides.

*In the words of half of my city*
 
Nice song titles. :lol:

I'll give it a listen when my home computer is back on again.
 
👍 Waiting to download now...
 
I guess FatAssBR and Pako were too grossed out to reply to the thread. :dopey:
 
Haven't downloaded yet.
 
Yeah, after 16 Hail Marys I feel I can respond now....

Just kidding,

Sounds good! Question on your vocals. I've heard of some guys sucking air in to get the deep growl, is that how you do it or how do you do it without ripping your throat out?
 
I do it covering the microphone, and just shouting into it as I growl.

I've tried the air-sucking thing, but the result is horrible, especially when you're going into a long verse. All of a sudden you're hyperventilating :lol:

I would really like to learn (or at least back then) how some singers do it without touching the microphone... kinda like the singer from Opeth.
 
Not sure if my buddies will make a go of it or not.... They toured with Cannibal Corps, Morbid Angel, and a couple others that I can't remember the name of....when they lived in Phoenix, AZ. The lifestyle was an environment not so conducive to having a relationship or raising a family to they moved back to Montana. Their still writing music as far as I know....

I'll find a link to some of their stuff if I can....

[edit]
Here's their Myspace Link. (May contain explicit language)
 
I would really like to learn (or at least back then) how some singers do it without touching the microphone... kinda like the singer from Opeth.

The SA - Swedish Advantage. ;)
 
Thanks, but I can work out atleast one of the titles myself - and I'm really hoping this isn't why your brief career in Death Metal was 'somewhat sore'... :O

Actually all words are pretty close to their english equivalents :
Frutas = fruits and Vomito = well... :yuck:

...and you got the other title right I guess.
Just wondering if there's any sort of link with the name of the band of Pako's friend...
 
:lol:

Where do you think "Blood Red Meat Flap" came from? It was the title track of one of their songs....

....you ALL know about the "Meat Flap".
 
You should make it your profile picture. It's lovely.
 
the meat flap?

Did y'all get around to checking out the cover of the Krueger album? Meat Flap ad nauseaum
 
Wow. Haha, so different from the metal now a days, and yet, so very similar.
 
Not sure if my buddies will make a go of it or not.... They toured with Cannibal Corps, Morbid Angel, and a couple others that I can't remember the name of....when they lived in Phoenix, AZ. The lifestyle was an environment not so conducive to having a relationship or raising a family to they moved back to Montana. Their still writing music as far as I know....

I'll find a link to some of their stuff if I can....

[edit]
Here's their Myspace Link. (May contain explicit language)

They toured with Cannibal Corpse :drool:. I definately have to have a listen now, I love Cannibal Corpse :D

The only problem being I'm at work :lol:. Can't wait until I get home.
 
I hate cannibal corpse, but the song on the myspace is kickass, I couldn't download the files you linked to Diego :(
 
I couldn't download the files you linked to Diego :(

Really? It takes you to a Rapidshare page. You're supposed to click on the Free button and it'll take you to the download page, where after waiting for about 90 seconds, it shows different links you can download it from.
 
I have to say I wasn't expecting much but you are great Diego. Kudos 👍. The only thing I didn't like was the high pitched guy. All I could think of was that robot radio from transformers :lol:

How can you not like Cannibal Corpse
devil.gif
 
I like Cannibal Corpse... the older one, though. Until The Bleeding!
 
Back