My brother's RSV

• Thread starter wfooshee
  • 7 comments

wfooshee

Rather ride my FJR
Premium
United States
Panama City, FL
So my brother goes out and finds himself an Aprilia RSV mille R and buys it. He says the previous owner was a dweeb, has all the suspension on max hard. The adjusters aren't the expected screwdriver-slots, they're some microscopic allen wrench, 2mm or something. (His words.) He had a Honda VTR-1000F prior to this, and currently rides a VFR.

The VTR:
DSC_4664.jpg

The VFR:
vfr.jpg

The RSV:
IMG_7266%2520%2528Medium%2529.JPG

He compares them thusly: The VTR was stronger than the VFR, but the VFR is way more comfortable. The RSV has 30% more power than the VTR. It's faster than he is, at least until he gets it sorted out. On the RSV his hands are lower than his knees, the brakes are phenomenal but it will NOT trail-brake.

Keep in mind that he's upwards of 6-foot-1, 220 or 230 pounds. I think it might be a tight fit.

So he's crossing the mountains east of San Jose, pulls into an observatory somewhere which is a popular place to get a drink and a bathroom break, and the ONLY OTHER BIKE in the parking lot is an Aprilia RSV! If you look closely you can see that even the guy's helmet was the same, just slightly different colors!!!!!
20131010_125639.jpg

He says that since it's a mille R he's going to name it Glenn. I told him I wasn't In The Mood for such stupid jokes....

Don't know the year... He says it sits up on the brakes, all by itself. Apparently he can't hold a lean with the brakes on, or he just hasn't adjusted to the chassis. The weight shifts forward too hard, I guess.

If he forces and holds it down there, it'll stay, but I wouldn't try that until he gets used to the bike.

The weight shouldn't be transferring itself onto the front with trail braking, I'd actually say that there is less weight on the front during trail braking.
You can't brake as hard when you're starting to lay it over, and you need some suspension travel so that the sidewall of the tire doesn't have to do everything.

Don't let off the brake too quickly or there won't be enough load on the front and it'll slide as well.:crazy:

He knows how to ride, believe me! I can't even keep him in sight when we play. He's just not used to the bike.

Probably something like getting in an F40 when you thought your Z-28 was hot!

You gotta start scraping the pegs.:P

The settings were all on max stiff?
Damn lol. We run our compression damping 6 turns from full stiff, with DOT race tires.

I have scraped pegs.... just usually on the way down! :)

(That doesn't count??!?!?!)

Back