My cars are running slow!

• Thread starter viper2788
  • 2 comments
Ive noticed recently that my cars are all running slower than before. At first, having not played in awhile, I thought maybe I'm not getting proper exit speeds out of corners, but that isnt the case. When playing online, it seems every other car is blowing past me on the straights as if I'm 3/4 throttle. My Furai wont even break traction off the launch anymore. And while playing rivals, the ghost car is obviously faster than me on the straights, even when I have better exit speed to the straightaway. I'll catch up, and then it'll start pulling away... in the same car, same tune!

I'm using a Fanatec CSR... maybe I'm missing an update on the firmware or microsoft live?

Check the telemetry screen. I have saw issues with the Fanatec from time to time where the throttle is not opening 100% or the brake is coming on a little. Usually due to the cable connection. you can tell right away by either viewing the replay with the telemetry screen pulled up or using the telemetry while driving check the bar graphs for throttle and brake and make sure they are registering correctly.

I had loads of issues with the standard pedals and even with the club sports there have been a couple of times I needed to reseat the cable at the pedals. Sometimes a reboot of the wheel will correct this as well.

Another possible cause is it somehow the assist got turned on by mistake. One day I was experimenting with the ABS and got out in a race where I was having throttle issues using a controller. I was squeezing the throttle button so hard it made my finger hurt trying to keep up on the benchmark oval, once the race was over I found that when I tried to turn ABS off that someone I had accidentally turned on auto brake and the game was easing up of the throttle at spots even though I was squeezing it as hard as I could. I thought my controller was shot but turns out it was just from not paying proper attention on the settings screen

Check the telemetry screen. I have saw issues with the Fanatec from time to time where the throttle is not opening 100% or the brake is coming on a little. Usually due to the cable connection. you can tell right away by either viewing the replay with the telemetry screen pulled up or using the telemetry while driving check the bar graphs for throttle and brake and make sure they are registering correctly.

I had loads of issues with the standard pedals and even with the club sports there have been a couple of times I needed to reseat the cable at the pedals. Sometimes a reboot of the wheel will correct this as well.

Another possible cause is it somehow the assist got turned on by mistake. One day I was experimenting with the ABS and got out in a race where I was having throttle issues using a controller. I was squeezing the throttle button so hard it made my finger hurt trying to keep up on the benchmark oval, once the race was over I found that when I tried to turn ABS off that someone I had accidentally turned on auto brake and the game was easing up of the throttle at spots even though I was squeezing it as hard as I could. I thought my controller was shot but turns out it was just from not paying proper attention on the settings screen

Thanks man! I looked into the telemetry like you said and it wasnt running on full throttle. It was maxed out at 90-95%... and even that made a huge difference. I unplugged/plugged the cable from the pedals and now its back to normal. Best part is, I've gotten so used to racing with the underpowered setting that now I'm killin em! POWWAAA!!

Back