My Cars *Dial-Up Warning*

• Thread starter yodman
  • 23 comments
GTP_Yodman
What's up everybody? I've been around here a while, but haven't posted much until the last few days.

I wanted to show you what cars I own and drive for real.

First up is my 2006 Ford Escape V6 AWD. This is my winter daily driver.

Modifications:
-Cherrybomb Glasspack muffler
-Side exit exhaust
-Mastercraft Courser MSR tires

Upcoming mods:
-All black plastic being sanded and painted to match body panels in blue
-Some interior panels to be painted to match outside
-MSDS headers and fabricated dual side exit exhaust
-Superchips SCT X-Calibrator 3 Tuner

Hoping to gain somewhere in the 40-50 HP range total with these modifications and bring my 0-60 times down into the 8.0 second range. This is a fun little SUV.

Stock numbers go like this:
-3.0 Liter V6 DOHC
-201 HP
-196 Lb-Ft
-6,000 RPM redline
-0-60: 9.5 Seconds
-MPG: 24 Highway, 17 City

enginesmall.jpg

P1050070.jpg

P1050073.jpg

P1050076.jpg

P1050080.jpg

P1050082.jpg

P1050084.jpg

P1050085.jpg

P1050086.jpg

My other baby is a 2004 Ford Mustang V6 Coupe. She's for summer and summer only.

Modifications:
-Mach 1 chin spoiler and hood stripe
-GT foglights and rear bumper
-MAC catback dual exhaust 2.5" with 3" tips
-Bullitt shift knob and shifter bezel
-Sequential taillights
-17x9/18x10 FR500 rims
-245/275 Nexen Radial N3000 tires
-Eibach Pro-Kit springs (1.5" front/1.0" rear lowering)
-Tokico HP Blue shocks and struts
-Rocky Mountain Graphics trunk panel black glossy vinyl
-AutoBadges 232 cubic inch badge

Future mods:
-03-04 Cobra independent rear suspension
-03-04 Cobra body kit all around
-Ported heads/cam/intake setup
-Cold air intake
-03-04 Cobra T56 6-speed transmission

Stock Numbers for this:
-3.8 Liter V6
-193 HP
-227 Lb-Ft
-5,750 RPM redline
-0-60: 8.0 Seconds
-MPG: 25-29 Highway, 19-21 City

P1030738.jpg

P1030740.jpg

P1030743.jpg

P1030757.jpg

P1030766.jpg

P1030768.jpg

P1030769.jpg

P1030782.jpg

P1030786.jpg

P1030790.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:
I hope this isn't a stupid question, but why do your cars have the same license plate? Is that normal in the US?

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but why do your cars have the same license plate? Is that normal in the US?

They have the same plate because I take one car off the road during a season, and therefore the other car goes on. By this I mean I remove the registration and transfer it to the other car, therefore retaining my license plates without having to go turn them in every time I switch cars for the season. :P Of all the times I've posted pictures of these cars together, no one has noticed that to this point!

I feel a bit special now, and that's interesting to know, thankyou!

@Danachronism: No problem, my friend. What are you driving around?

@ND4SPD: Check this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flcKARgMh3Y

That's not my Escape, but in fact a Mazda Tribute. The same car, but his exhaust is run differently. That's how mine sounds, only his is quieter. My car doesn't have the resonator you see in this video. I'll get one of mine soon.

Last edited:
Thanks, dude. Nice choice yourself. Wonder how it'll sound? Cheap mufflers = great sound if you can get over minor resonance inside. I only get that because mine runs out the side.

If you take a video sometime soon, post it in that exhaust thread. I'm subscribed to it and that has sound bits of my Mustang as well.

I see you're from Guelph. I pass close to there off of the QEW/403 when I travel to and from Michigan.

I'd recognize the flat face of a Daewoo Matiz anywhere! Lol, buy something American. I'm only kidding! Is it working hard or hardly working?

I'd recognize the flat face of a Daewoo Matiz anywhere! Lol, buy something American. I'm only kidding! Is it working hard or hardly working?

At the moment it's hardly working. It thinks it's hilarious to keep cutting out at speed. Because of that I've not driven it in nearly a week.

That appears to be a new tyre/wheel going onto that Daewoo (look at the wheel, looks like a spacesaver). Might have already been there.

EDIT: You posted as I was writing mine... :lol:

Sounds a wee bit dangerous there.

My Mustang's taken 24,000 miles of hard beating and is starting to show her teeth now, with both u-joints squeaking away, a rear end clunk, and two synchros shot out of the transmission, all by my doing between drag racing and track days. Waiting to do an autocross with her yet.

At the moment it's hardly working. It thinks it's hilarious to keep cutting out at speed. Because of that I've not driven it in nearly a week.

I think it's hilarious how he felt the need to use a jack. Did he not have a box of TicTacs handy?

Thanks, dude. Nice choice yourself. Wonder how it'll sound? Cheap mufflers = great sound if you can get over minor resonance inside. I only get that because mine runs out the side.

If you take a video sometime soon, post it in that exhaust thread. I'm subscribed to it and that has sound bits of my Mustang as well.

I see you're from Guelph. I pass close to there off of the QEW/403 when I travel to and from Michigan.

I still haven't installed them but I should make a before and after video of my Interceptor.

Guelph's a great little-big town, should come through the city next time!

Forgot to say actually, nice cars 👍 Particularly the Escape, which is one of those cars I have a bit of an unfounded soft spot for :)

:lol:!!

Funny bugger, aren't we Jon!

Drat, that wasn't the response I was expecting. Abort!

@ND4SPD: Yeah, do a before and after for sure. I'm curious as to how it'll be. I saw a New York State ex-trooper interceptor today and I coulda sworn it was real!

@Jondot: Lol, thanks for the compliment. That little Escape is a lot of fun and very capable offroad. I may possibly do a 3" lift to it if the kit I know is in development comes to market.

@Joey D: Thank you. Wait a sec, you're from Lake Orion? Hahaha, I have a friend from there who goes to college with me up at Kettering University in Flint.

@Joey D: Thank you. Wait a sec, you're from Lake Orion? Hahaha, I have a friend from there who goes to college with me up at Kettering University in Flint.

Yup, I know a lot of people that go there.

I think it's funny that he had to call the big burly man with the giant yellow truck in order to cahnge the tire! Come on, man, you can stand on the lug wrench if you have to...

I think it's funny that he had to call the big burly man with the giant yellow truck in order to cahnge the tire! Come on, man, you can stand on the lug wrench if you have to...

You vastly overestimate me.

Back