My cockpit design

• Thread starter Lamboracer
  • 13 comments
I was board so i was messing around with this engineering program and made this stupid cockpit. Im not good so dont laugh but otherwise any general critisism is allowed for the design and overall look. This cockipit it a fanciful design that i may make one day when i ahve the time and money.
Front view

Top View

Top Inside view

Angled View

Another side view

One more side angled.

So what do you guys think 👍 👎 :bowdown: :boggled: :yuck:

sweet, are you gonna build a sequential shifter or an H shifter? will yo ub uploadng plans for the shifters and other electrical parts? Im thinking of building a sequential shifter to go on the side of my chair but I need ot start developing a design. Ill probably get to work on it tomorrow seeing as I have ot stay in and wait for a phone call. But good luck with this dude! its gonna look awesome!

Yea since im utilizing the dfp im probably only going to be able to use a sequenction. As for the design, im just going to try and replicate how the made the internal part, maybe i can like by the pieces that go inside. Or i cna buy the one from that company umm frex yea. Other than that i just have to attach it inside that console there and run the wiring probably some soldering. Thanks guys.

:odd: What program is that? Seems a bit hard to see in black. The T.v. might be a little close. Everything else looks ok.

iI just made this in response to the shifter. If i remeber correctly this is how it works. So when you push forward you hit the down gear gear button and vice versa. The buttons just relay that messgae to the dfp. So instead of spending the extra money i could just do this and modify the shifter to something like a car shifter. I wanted to use an ebrake to but i dont know how that works ive only seen it on frex.

The program isnt to exat as in dimensions and stuff im only now realizing how to properly use it. Im good with cad and ive used this program auto desk inventor 8 and over the summer downloaded this. I really enjoy the auto desk program but im not too familiar with cad.
Yes the TV and poedal could be moved as i said i wasnt to exact i made this in like 2hrs whcih is still to long.

I just scribbled up my shifter design in MS Paint. I'm using a typical design that a lot of people use on RSC. It's simple and it works:D.

Totally dig'in the subs to the left/right of the driver seat! Way cool!
Looks like you're going to have room for either some 12's or maybe even 15's! ;-)

Don't forget the Bass Shakers or Transducers!...that would make that rig SWEET!

Good luck w/the plans!

SRD:

Have you worked out how the shifter will work yet?. It'll be interesting to see how it does in detail, I know you posted a pic of the switches n stuff. Most homemade shifters are all opened out but that one looks nice.

Yeat that shifter is from the inside of the dfr p and im probably just going to you that and just run wirers making them longer.

By the way i seen your cockpoit vtech and i know i didnt respnd but that is nice man. Its much more doable than my fantised one.
Im not sure about how to make it like what ply wood, compressed, or do you think studs and dryway for the back piece

I didnt quite make out that last sentence. But good luck with the shifter thing. you may want to extend the shifter stick a little if it is going to be concealed in the 'side console'. I started building my shifter today out of wood.
Wood may sound like a strange material to use but I dont have any milling tools or a very wide variety of metals to use so I have to make a compromise. But it's very easy to work with and looks very clean and smooth when joined. I think it may actually look better than my original metal design.

Here's a couple of pics, sorry to hi-jack your thread lol, ill stop now:

I've added the second arm since that second pic was taken.

Now, back on topic.

Back