My Cockpit in Progress.

  • Thread starter Thread starter scutzi128
  • 8 comments
  • 1,581 views
Messages
11
Messages
Bison Lover
This thread is for my cockpit that I am currently building. I was inspired by Chilicoke's youtube videos to build this. I own both a g27 and a Fanatec Turbo S wheel and CS pedals. This cockpit will be built for the Fanatec Wheel and the G27 will be used on my desk on my gaming PC.

Going into this project I had no welding skill but diving into it headfirst I have learned pretty quickly and I am getting better. My setup will be a PS3, 360, decent PC, 720p projector with 106" screen and 5.1 surround sound. I will be using a buttkicker gamer 2 for this cockpit mounted to the seat. The room this will be located in is also my home theater so I will be putting wheels on the back so I can easily move the frame around.

Originally I had planned on going with an Obutto but decided against it because I had to wait for one and also because I thought it would sit too low with the height of my screen from the floor.


PS: I am looking to trade my g27 for a g25 if anyone is interested.

Pictures of progress so far(will update this thread as I get more done):

DSC02329.jpg


DSC02328.jpg


Pictures of cockpit a/v setup:

DSC01621.jpg


DSC01622.jpg


DSC01615.jpg
 
Last edited:
Nice project , keep us updated.
 
nice start!! any reason why your seat is that high?
 
The height of my projector screen from the floor makes this height perfect.
 
Update as of tonight. Ran out of square tubing. I am going to need to make another run to my supplier before I can finish this thing up.

DSC02348.jpg


DSC02349.jpg
 
Alright! the ultimate "Man Cave" 👍
 
if your going to do any grinding..... cover the seat or remove it. I hope you are going to cut the top piece down and smooth those edges.

I'm also thinking of doing this but with a G27 a friend of mine said he will do all the welding for 40 bucks.
 
Looks good so far. I have the same seat 👍
 
if your going to do any grinding..... cover the seat or remove it. I hope you are going to cut the top piece down and smooth those edges.

I'm also thinking of doing this but with a G27 a friend of mine said he will do all the welding for 40 bucks.

Yea top part will be cut to size I was just test fitting it. The seat will come off when I am ready to prep to paint it. I will be using plasti dip spray paint for that which is great because I don't need any primer for it or anything. Also I will be bolting diamond plate over the sheet steel for a cleaner look. More updates to follow.
 
Back