My concept for GT Auto.

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 1 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
Here is what would be in GT Auto:
-Tuning Parts
-Wheels (Which would include a "suggested wheels" tab for every car, e.g. center lock wheels for a Gr.3 car, but the other wheels would be available if you want to use them.)
-Custom Parts (e.g. rear wings, carbon hoods, flat floors, bodykits and/or the RM mechanic)
-Paints & Decals (e.g. decals from the MiEx in GTS, and including the livery editor and/or alternative skins for a car)
-Driver Gear (e.g. poses, helmets, and suits, including the creation of liveries for them)

The "tuning parts" tab would be relatively simplified. It would feature parts that unlock more options for tuning, such as the levels of suspension & transmissions that lead up to the "Full Customize" options. This would include parts that add ABS/BB/FM/TCS and their tuning capacity for cars that don't have the ability to do so as-stock. The RM option would return; instead of the made-for-game race cars being sold at the dealerships, you'd take your own car, and use the RM option to turn it into that respective race car.

The N-series would also be split into two groups: one where BoP is applied, and another where it isn't (and cannot - at least, not in practice). The former would have multiple classes based on events from the campaigns of various GT games, like the Tuning Car Grand Prix, the Sport Truck Race, or the Lightweight K Cup. The changes in power and weight from BoP would reflect this, rather than trying to have the groups be sorted by horsepower alone. (It also may be easier for PD to balance more smaller classes, rather than a few, but much larger classes.) Meanwhile, the latter hypothetical group is for player-modified vehicles - it's a lot like Gr.X where the vehicles there have a common motif of being too unusual to be affected by BoP from the standard classes, except this is reserved for player-modified vehicles rather than unusual stock vehicles. I suppose one could call it "Gr.XC," for "Group X Customized." As far as balancing goes, there may be restrictions on power/weight for an event, but otherwise, anything from just adding a muffler upgrade, to a carbon hood, to a rear wing, to a flat floor would put your vehicle into this class.

(EDIT: The Tuning Car GP group would also include the Touring Cars/RM cars from the PS3 games. I would've thought they'd be put into Gr.4, but it seems that all the Gr.4 cars are relatively similar in power and weight, whereas while the Touring Cars/RMs are upgrades over their stock versions, they wildly vary in power and weight. E.g. the Gr.4 Veyron and Genesis have much more similar power and weight when either are compared to the Touring Cars/RMs, or even when you compare the Touring Cars/RMs to each other. However, the RM option could still be available for both obtaining Gr.4/Gr.3/Gr.B cars, and as a way to obtain the Touring Cars/RMs from prior games, where the latter would be a convenient way to quickly get a package of parts for a car, especially if you don't want to simply install each part one-by-one in a car that can otherwise get an RM/Touring Car version. That said you could still do that - installing each individual part - if you were perhaps short on credits and only needed one particular part to succeed in a part of the campaign, like a full-customizable transmission.)

(EDIT3: To make sure we're on the same page, not every car will come stock with the ability for BB/ABS/TCS/FM tuning like it does in GTS, as these options will reflect their real-world options. E.g. FM will likely only be available on various race cars when it comes to driving cars without additional parts added, but when a car doesn't come with the ability for that setting to be tuned, you could buy parts that allow for that tuning, just as you would buy a full-customize transmission or suspension.)

Skins would be based on ones used by the AI in campaign events, and would be purchasable for players who also have that car. (EDIT2: They also could feature skins made by artists commissioned by PD/GT, maybe like Andy Blackmore or Sean Bull.)

Assume everything from prior iterations of GT Auto which isn't listed here would be scrapped. I would be scrapping them to make things more streamlined, especially with so many cars likely being in a given GT title. For example, I don't think repair options are necessary since damage in itself can be enough to lose a race, and you can get it repaired mid-race by pitting. (It could be automatically repaired after the race, but it'd cost you up to a certain percentage of your car's cost from the dealership, depending on how many parts are notably damaged.)

Last edited:
Tuning Parts are always separate from GT Auto throughout the GTs tbh. I feel that RM is like all Custom Parts modifications rolled into one (you get bodykits, wings, etc.), especially that with Livery Editor, you can clean up the cars' livery giving the modified car feel.

Just that it's expensive as hell.... (mainly due to performance boost too via bodykit).

BTW I want the Gr. 3, Gr. 4, etc. versions of cars to be moved as their RM versions....they're fictional modification after all.

Back