My cool idea...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gamerwillz
  • 22 comments
  • 1,470 views
Messages
270
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Messages
Gamerwillz
I'm loving every minute of challenging myself in Practise Mode, trying to get best lap times.

Instead of challenging myself, I would like to challenge other players. By using the leaderboard, I choose a player with their lap times on display and download their ghost and try to beat them. Preferably search the players that used the same car as I'm using, but that should be optional.

But another thing I would like to be able to see when I choose a player to beat, I want to see their car setup, either Stock, or upgraded with information about their car including the Performance Point, BHP, weight, tyres and drivetrain or suspension enhancements, etc.

That would be a VERY nice addition to GT5.
 
Last edited:
It is a good idea. It should make the front page as news; but it really is a good idea.
 
Last edited:
Sounds great, how do you do it?
 
Forza has something similar to this, I'd like it to be in GT. I don't think you should be able to see all the upgrades though.
 
But another thing I would like to be able to see when I choose a player to beat, I want to see their car setup, either Stock, or upgraded with detailed information about their car including the Performance Point, BHP, weight, tyres and drivetrain or suspension enhancements.

That would be a VERY nice addiction to GT5.




Performance Points and tyres, but not the recipe for the sauce. A player should not have to give away a tune that they spent hours tweaking. It should be voluntary.
 
Forza has something similar to this, I'd like it to be in GT. I don't think you should be able to see all the upgrades though.

Why?

I will want to know. I don't want to be keep saying "WTF?" when I find it impossible to beat other player by using NEARLY same car setup, but only slight difference in drivetrain or suspension.

Upgrades in drivetrain will improve engine responsiveness and better suspension will result in better handling. Hell, I will want to see that! So I can do the same to my car to make sure that it's fair.
 
I would like to see online marketing in GT mode , like in Froza 3 . Iy would be a great for all racers to buy or sell the tuned cars with different tunes :S
 
Why?

I will want to know. I don't want to be keep saying "WTF?" when I find it impossible to beat other player by using NEARLY same car setup, but only slight difference in drivetrain.

Upgrades in drivetrain will improve engine responsiveness and better suspension will result in better handling. Hell, I will want to see that! So I can do the same to my car to make sure that it's fair.



Is it fair to the faster player, for you to inherit all their work?
 
D_M
Is it fair to the faster player, for you to inherit all their work?

Huh? All they have to do is just go to Tune Shop, and buy better drivetrain and suspension... Why is that a lot of work?

But if you meant suspension adjustments, then yeah. I agree. Don't show them.

What I'm saying is show if they upgraded the drivetrain or using fixed sport suspension... don't bother about fully customisable suspension.
 
Why?

I will want to know. I don't want to be keep saying "WTF?" when I find it impossible to beat other player by using NEARLY same car setup, but only slight difference in drivetrain or suspension.

Upgrades in drivetrain will improve engine responsiveness and better suspension will result in better handling. Hell, I will want to see that! So I can do the same to my car to make sure that it's fair.

Maybe what he is saying is don't let your tune be known. Tuning is a big part of racing. And some may not want their tune to be shown. Setting up your car is all about racing. Some people let their tunes be known but some want to keep that a secret.
 
Why?

I will want to know. I don't want to be keep saying "WTF?" when I find it impossible to beat other player by using NEARLY same car setup, but only slight difference in drivetrain or suspension.

Upgrades in drivetrain will improve engine responsiveness and better suspension will result in better handling. Hell, I will want to see that! So I can do the same to my car to make sure that it's fair.

I mostly meant the actual settings of the suspension, brakes, etc. Even just the parts though..

In forza at least the leaderboards are done by classes, so the cutoff for A Class is like 500 points. Depending on the car you tune up the exact parts you choose makes an enormous difference in the end performance. Do you up your suspension, or take an extra 20 horsepower? Do you use a supercharger or lighten the chassis?

I just don't see why the players who put in the work to be fast should have to share their secrets.

I'm decidedly average at this game by the way, so I'm not trying to defend my magic setup or anything.

edit: either way, just because Bob McFast used fixed sport suspension instead of fully adjustable doesn't mean you wouldn't be better off with the fully adjustable set. I could tune my car to be *perfect*, hand it to you and you'd hate it and turn slow laps with it just due to the way I like my car to handle.
 
Maybe what he is saying is don't let your tune be known. Tuning is a big part of racing. And some may not want their tune to be shown. Setting up your car is all about racing. Some people let their tunes be known but some want to keep that a secret.

Yeah. I'll probably agree.

Things that I'll definitely want to know is PP, BHP, weight and tyres. I know that BHP and weight will affect the PP, but the downforce does. So PP is a vital piece of information to look at.
 
D_M
Performance Points and tyres, but not the recipe for the sauce. A player should not have to give away a tune that they spent hours tweaking. It should be voluntary.

I like the idea a lot. But as this guy mentioned no setup secrets should be mentioned.
 
I mostly meant the actual settings of the suspension, brakes, etc. Even just the parts though..

In forza at least the leaderboards are done by classes, so the cutoff for A Class is like 500 points. Depending on the car you tune up the exact parts you choose makes an enormous difference in the end performance. Do you up your suspension, or take an extra 20 horsepower? Do you use a supercharger or lighten the chassis?

I just don't see why the players who put in the work to be fast should have to share their secrets.

I'm decidedly average at this game by the way, so I'm not trying to defend my magic setup or anything.

edit: either way, just because Bob McFast used fixed sport suspension instead of fully adjustable doesn't mean you wouldn't be better off with the fully adjustable set. I could tune my car to be *perfect*, hand it to you and you'd hate it and turn slow laps with it just due to the way I like my car to handle.

Yeah, I just changed my mind now. I agree. 👍

But really, I didn't mention "secret" setup in my first post. All I meant is Standard suspension and fixed sport. That's all I want to know. Not detailed information of adjustments done by the player in fully customisable ones.
 
Last edited:
What you should be able to see is the parts in the car, but not the specific settings of those parts; such as suspension, LSD and aero etc. In motorsports you cant see the set up the other teams run during qualifying or the race.
 
What you should be able to see is the parts in the car, but not the specific settings of those parts; such as suspension, LSD and aero etc. In motorsports you cant see the set up the other teams run during qualifying or the race.

Yeah I agree. I already said that in my earlier posts, lol.
 
Great idea.
 
Perhaps if it can't be made so you can see all the mods/tunings, then perhaps leaderboards for "stock" and "tuned" (so the challenge there would be what you can get out of the car), but I think perhaps for all the tyre types too, as I don't really enjoy any cars on really poor tyres (when testing I go SS for any road cars and RM or RS for any race/rally cars)

Hmm that's still a lot of leaderboards though...
 
But another thing I would like to be able to see when I choose a player to beat, I want to see their car setup, either Stock, or upgraded with information about their car including the Performance Point, BHP, weight, tyres and drivetrain or suspension enhancements, etc.

That would be a VERY nice addition to GT5.

Join the cause then.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=184073
 
Back