My Cost Effective Rumble Rig

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
jonoholland29
Due to space and budget constraints, I plan to make the most cost-effective rig with wheel and rumble effects. I also need the seat to be put away when not in use as I have small children that like to injure themselves on the sharp pedals and break the gear knob. Thanks to @hawkeyez for the advice!

My shopping list so far includes:

Playseat Challenge £180
Logitech G29 (with optional shifter) - new version is the G923 circa £300

A Wuzhi Audio ZK-100M 100w stereo amplifier (with bluetooth). Approx £15 on ebay
Depending on your country you'll need to buy a power adapter for the amplifier (UK one was £10)
2 x Sinuslive BassPUMP 3, 70w bass shakers (I got mine from ShakerCentre who are based in the UK) £90 for the pair. I've gone for these due to their size but the Reckhorn BS-200i was also an option.
3m (10ft) of speaker wire £3 super cheap

Then I will use simhub (with a donation of £10) and connect this to the amp either by bluetooth or 3.5mm jack audio wire

Total cost: £608

My idea is to place one speaker under the pedals (Left output) and one on the strap of the seat (right output). This will lift the pedals slightly as I am 15mm short on space but the incline is hardly noticeable. Will post some pictures of my setup once everything arrives!

So I’ll start with the bad…

The rear speaker sits well when I’m in it - but as it’s attached to the much thinner strap so rotates when I get in and out. There is space to stick it into the headband at the top… but as it vibrates it works it’s way out no matter how much I pad it

IMG_1539.jpeg

The pedal speaker is great. It does raise the pedals slightly but other than that is spot on. Simply cable tied it to the frame.

IMG_1537.jpeg

The mini amp is great and I’ve connected it via Bluetooth as I’ve found that the 3.5mm gave no noticeable performance and was another wire in the way

Edit: Either it’s the laptop or the amp, but the Bluetooth is intermittent and there is poor latency so have switched to line in.

IMG_1603.jpeg

Last edited:
So it worked for about 2 mins and then just stopped. Cannot connect to the amp via Bluetooth anymore and I can’t work out if it is Windows or the Amp. I’ll have to try tomorrow with the line in… but the first 2 mins were great!

Got it working with the line in…

It’s brilliant! Line in has much better latency than Bluetooth as there was a bit of a delay. This may be down to the crappy windows PC I am using though. Still playing around with the effects I can use as having them all is a bit much! Ideally it would be better with 4 corners, but that wasn’t the idea with this. A simple front/rear works to help with the immersion. This may help those who are struggling still with PSVR2.

For less than £130 I have added rumble effects to my rig.

Last edited:
Very cool! DIY stuff is the best stuff. Good choice on using a wired signal instead of Bluetooth. Bluetooth audio will always have a buffer time.

Did you feel significant improvement between the free version of Simhub and the £10 one?
I’ll be honest and say not really. But I think the amount of benefit may be reduced by the lack of outputs I have. Though I like the fact you get more of the screen on the paid version and (although I don’t use them) better telemetry data points

Thanks for the input. I'm also using Simhub to just run the two bass shakers and was wondering if I should upgrade to the paid version or not.

Back