My critique of the GT7 trophy list.

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 2 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
-Thank god the trophies for total poles/wins in Sport Mode are gone. I liked the concept of using real-world driver metrics, but I thought it was entirely unrealistic. I'm glad the only trophies for Sport Mode only involve the sheer number of races you've entered.

-For the speed trophies, I still would've had three, but instead of making two of them frankly ludicrous, I would've made them modeled on previous top speed records for production cars, such as for the McLaren F1 and the Bugatti Veyron.

-I don't see the point of the trophies that are awarded for doing car washes at GT Auto, especially since it's not like they can actually get dirty - unlike the options we get in Scapes. Similarly, unless you buy a lot of used cars that need a reinforced frame, I don't really understand that trophy either. If anything, I feel like you're going to be doing more oil changes than anything, but is there a trophy for doing ten of those? Nope.

-Why is there no trophy for getting all golds on every Music Rally? Other than competing with friends for the best distances, there's not much reason to play Music Rally once the game is fully installed.

-I get that more tracks will be added, and we've already seen another set of missions get added. This is likely why for Circuit Experience, there's no trophy for completing all of them. But in that case, why is there no trophy for getting all-golds on any one set of missions?

-What's with the time trial trophy? I think I'm just going to get this one when they add online time trials - hopefully they'll count towards this trophy.

-I'm also a bit disappointed that for the two Scapes trophies, where you need to photograph a certain car in a certain locale, they copied them from GTS. C'mon, you could've at least done something interesting, like maybe a Nissan Skyline GT-R (KPGC10) somewhere in a Japanese village, or a concept car in an art museum!

So, what're your critiques of GT7's trophies? We can discuss the overall trophy design of other GT games, too, such as in 5, 6, and Sport.

There are a few I dislike, such as "Three Legendary Cars" - requiring you to obtain the Ford Mk. IV, Ferrari 330 P4 and Jaguar XJ13, which will set you back around 25,500,000 if my estimations are correct. Another are the Sport mode trophies, where you have to finish 50 Sport mode races just to earn two trophies, one for finishing your first one, and the second for doing basically 50 Sport mode races.

The Autobahn trophy can be earned without playing online however, and that's a relief. If it were really an online-requirement, I'd be setting my PS5 on fire.

With GT7's trophy list, it would be on my potential Platinums list, and in theory, could also be my second Gran Turismo game to get Platinum on (the first being GT6).

Last edited:
There is only one good and challenging trophy (all licenses gold )

Half of the rest is buy this and that a bunch of noob stuff some senseless grind as usual and some of the stupidest trophy’s in gaming history like buying the same car 10 times or the three speed trophyˋs It just means buying a tomahawk go on the X-trail and after a few seconds ping ,ping ,ping .
Overall the list is a great disappointment for me .

Back