My experience here on GTPlanet

United States
The US of A
Greetings GTPlanet members!:) I am Sonygamer455, member of GTPlanet and a long time Gran Turismo fan. Approximately one year ago today, I signed up here to GTPlanet with many thoughts on my mind and I knew this site would be a good place to be on for good information on things that interest me and surely enough it is! I must say this is one my most favorite sites I have ever signed up to and I spend more time on here than anywhere else and I have no intention of leaving. :D My experience here has been one the best and it continues to go on for me. 
Now here are a few things that I want to mention.

How did I find GTPlanet?
Well to be honest I have probably passed by this site numerous times and I may not remember, however I think I was viewing a thread once and I remember seeing Parnelli Bone’s avatar and wondering, what kind of car is that? :lol: I later found out what was when I signed up here. ;) Truthfully I believe I viewed this site a lot and then forgot about it numerous times but it later came to my attention and then that was how I came to know this site.

In all honesty it was Pupik, former member of GTPlanet and Staff Emeritus who brought this site to my full attention and that was when I first heard of it and wondered what it was about. How it happened was, I remember looking on Youtube and at a bunch of old GT2 video’s and seeing things I have never heard of before and I remember one video lead me to a site with a lot of facts about GT2 and that site was Pupik’s GT2 spot. Somewhere around late 2011 and I remember viewing that site and I seen some save games that interested me, one of them that really had my attention was a save game with all the secret cars I could never hope to come by at the time. I later found out the save game wasn’t in a format my PS3 supported and I wanted it so badly!:( So I emailed the creator of the site (Pupik) and asked if he could possibly convert the save to .PSV format (which I later learned how to do myself) so my PS3 will play it.
He emailed me back later and said there was no way he could convert them and he didn’t have a PS3 and he put a link to GTPlanet and told me to see if I could find any help there. I clicked the link and it lead me to the site and I skimmed through it a little bit, but didn’t take much time to look around. It was then this site was brought to my full attention and I knew about it.

What made me want to sign up here?
Well I was only after just a few things on here, just a couple small things that made me want to sign up here. How it all began was viewing a bunch of video’s on Youtube and I seen some on GT2’s pre release demo tracks that someone named GTPXenn, known as Xenn on here had uploaded . I took some time and curiously watched them all and then I wondered what I could do if I wanted to race on them, especially this one. So I did a little searching and on this video I seen Xenn say to check his gameshark codes thread on GTPlanet. So I did and I took a lot of time to read through it and see if it had what I was looking for. I viewed the thread a lot for quite a while and I found out the codes I was looking for were not on there and I had several questions I wanted to ask as well as things I knew he would want to know. So on this very day one year ago, I finally signed up here and I began my membership here on GTPlanet. Pretty much it was Xenn who made me want to sign up here.

My life here on GTPlanet.

First person ever talked to.
I remember the first person I ever talked was to on here vandenal, here is my first conversation with him.

First post
Whenever I went to make my first post, I kind of introduced myself to Xenn because at the time I figured I would get a awkward response since he didn’t know me personally, but then I realized it didn’t really matter here on GTPlanet.

Infractions, warnings and bannings.
In my short time here I have only received a warning and it was for lazy grammar and I will admit I didn’t exactly read the AUP when I signed up here and I was used to using a lot of text speak on Facebook so it is no wonder that happened. (Which I admit, I deserved it)

Hot topics created
Well my first hot topic I have created was my thread offering a Gold Chrome Aston Martin DB9 in the GT5 marketplace. Whenever I posted that thread I was quickly overwhelmed by the number of people wanting this car and I honestly never expected it to be as big as it was, but it did and I got a lot of recognition for it. Good things happen when you’re not a scammer. ;)

My other topic is a thread asking Who still plays Need for Speed Carbon? . I mainly created it to see if I could find any online racers to challenge on the PS3 version since I couldn’t find any and of course to see how many still like the game. ;)

How GTPlanet has changed my life.
GTPlanet has certainly changed my way of life now. When I signed up here, my grammar was terrible and I used to use a lot of text speak until Terronium - 12 knocked some sense into me and after receiving a warning I pretty much started improving my grammar just as I was supposed to. Now im kind of a grammar freak now and don’t use textspeak of any kind on here. I have got to the point where I hate textspeak of any kind and I get aggravated now when people use abbreviations for laugh out loud (except on Facebook), oh my god, in my opinion or for the win and it is not just here, it’s anywhere. When it says decent grammar is expected at all times, that’s how I do it. ;) Now my experience in GT5 has certainly changed and now I have more than I ever did before and I couldn’t have gotten this far if it weren’t for GTPlanet.

When did I start playing the Gran Turismo games?
Well it was somewhere between circa 2001 or 2002 when I first started playing the Gran Turismo games, im not entirely sure when it was but I do know Gran Turismo 2 was my very first Gran Turismo game I ever played. ;) I remember I went to my cousins house when I was really young and we used to play video games there often when we went and I remember my brother asked if we could borrow Gran Turismo 2 from him and he said yes and I remember my brother showing it to me and I noticed there was a Viper on the front of the arcade mode disc and at the time me and my brother were obsessed with Vipers and that was all it took to get us interested. We later returned the game to him, only to ask for more and more and then finally we ended up borrowing it somewhere in 2004 or 2005 and truthfully we are still borrowing it from him technically, but he doesn’t care now since he has a Xbox 360 and many other consoles and has no desire to play it again.

Do I play with a steering wheel?
Well I did at one point. I had a cheap one about 7 years ago I got with my Playstation 2 but I never used it much, never had much of desire to use it and it was aggravating to hook up. It eventually broke since it was so cheap and now it’s long gone.

What other games do I enjoy?
I have been mainly a racing fanatic since I was 7, but I do like so of the other games out there. I do play Need for Speed a bit (although every game they have came out with since Shift has failed to impress me). Anything from Underground 1 to Undercover is my favorite, always has been. I am a Star Wars fan and I do like a lot of Star Wars games especially Battlefront 1 and 2. Not much of a Call of Duty fan. I do love Twisted Metal a lot and I am a fan of it, I also like the old Crash Bandicoot and Spyro games, they never get old! I have many others I could name!

Some things about me.
I am currently 19 right now and I am graduated from high school. I am a pretty nice guy, I tend to get amused over the smallest things and I try to help any way I can, but I do tend to get agitated easily sometimes. I am mildly autistic and if you don’t know what that is, just look it up and you will know. I am not quite what you would call “normal”, I see things differently than others and I have my own special personality. I am a bit cautious when speaking to staff members on here because I feel like the smallest mistake could be a fatal one. :scared:

My username
I go by the name “Sonygamer” because I have been a Sony gamer since I was 7 and still am. However I have had side orders with Nintendo for about 10 years now, (where I live, everybody does) but Sony is still my personal favorite. I don’t hate other consoles at all, but in this console war, you could say I have sided with Playstation. ;)

The 455 part is actually my old lunch number from elementary school that I still remember! :D Most probably don’t remember their old lunch number from that long ago but I still do! :dopey:

My Avatar
My avatar is my Taiga Metallic Bugatti Veyron doing a wheelie on trial mountain. I have had this car for about as long as I have had GT5, whenever I seen it do a wheelie when I was racing, I thought to myself, I have to get a picture of this! So I did and now I use that photo as my avatar on here, GT5, Nextgenupdate, Yahoo and as a desktop background on my laptop. I have had this same avatar since I signed up here and don’t plan on changing it. :D

Here is a close up of it:
TrialMountainCircuit_zps0b100e91.jpg

My PSN ID
My PSN ID is djdman455. That was a nickname I used to have back in high school when I used to be big on music, but im not anymore and I am wanting to get it changed to my username I have on here because that old life I had when I used to have that old nickname is long gone.

My views on GT5.
Personally, for me, I think GT5 is an awesome game! 👍 Many may disagree with me, but I think it is the best one yet. I don’t like it when people criticize it, Kaz or Polyphony Digital. The car selection is bigger than any other GT game to date which I think is awesome, especially since they have Ferrari, Lamborghini and Bugatti. Yes I agree there are some cars I wish were in there but I don’t see why people just can’t be happy with what they already have. Graphics in the game is awesome and I do like the interior detailing on the premium cars. I like the soundtrack a lot and I enjoy listening to it. I notice a lot of people on here are saying the game is “unfinished”, but quite frankly I don’t understand what is so unfinished about it. GT5 has become more than just a game, it is like a way of life for me. Years from now im going to look back on it and remember all the good times I had in that game. :)

What do I look forward to doing in the community?
I want to be someone that Jordan and every other member will be proud to know on here and to have a huge impact on this site. I already have plans to do so and I hope I can be successful. :)

If there is anything else you want to know, just ask. :)

Last edited:
Awesome self interview. Great read.

Nice. Welcome to the forum........ wait, I think I've seen you around. :D

Ey, sup homie! (and only person to try to join the Partisans in a long, long time).

I am a bit cautious when speaking to staff members on here because I feel like the smallest mistake could be a fatal one. :scared:

I thought I was the only one.

Awesome self interview. Great read.
Thank you! :) I typed this up on Microsoft Word then copied it here. Took me several days to type it.
Yea you know who I am! ;) :lol: You know me on the Hot Wheels thread, I don't post on there as much anymore but I still view it alot. ;)
Ey, sup homie!
Whats up White & Nerdy! :) Last time I remember speaking to you was in the searching for evidence of hidden things thread back when I was a new member, I remember you, Pupik, jeffgoddin, The Vanishing Boy and a few others all gave me alittle introduction here. :) My have times changed since then.

(and only person to try to join the Partisans in a long, long time).
Thats pretty sad, we need more people! :lo:
I thought I was the only one.
Well your not. ;)

Well, I'm not 100% sure I've "talked" to you before, but congratulations on your first year, here :cheers:👍.

Well, I'm not 100% sure I've "talked" to you before, but congratulations on your first year, here :cheers:👍.
Thank you Dean!:)👍 We have before, it was the photomode glitch thread to be exact. ;)

Nice avatar! :lol:👍 You apart of Doofenshmirtz Evil inc? :lol:

Last edited:
Thank you Dean!:)👍 We have before, it was the photomode glitch thread to be exact. ;)

Nice avatar! :lol:👍 You apart of Doofenshmirtz Evil inc? :lol:

Oh, now I remember!

And... that is confidential ;). But, yes... unofficially. - I like my fedora!

Great write up, Sony. 👍 I could have sworn though that you have been around here longer than a year. Anyway, congrats. :cheers:

:lol:

Congrats on your first year !! 👍
Thanks ChromeLEDS! :) It has been a pretty sucessful year for me! :D That gold chrome Aston Martin DB9 I sent you is part of it. ;)
Oh, now I remember!

And... that is confidential ;). But, yes... unofficially. - I like my fedora!
Not sure what a fedora is, but okey! :lol:
Great write up, Sony. 👍 I could have sworn though that you have been around here longer than a year. Anyway, congrats. :cheers:
Thanks Spacegoat! :) I haven't been on here too long at all, but I do spend alot of time on here, as matter of fact there have only been a handful of days I haven't been online since I signed up here. ;) This site is a favorite for me. :D
congratulations on your first year :D:tup:
Thanks mp10! :) A very sucessful one too! :D:tup:

See...Not everyone I bring to the site just posts in the GT2 section! :)

Nice introduction thread. Usually, they're one sentence or maybe two.

See...Not everyone I bring to the site just posts in the GT2 section! :)
That was where I started out on here. ;) Xenn's GT2 gameshark thread to be exact (now known as Xenn's Cheat Device Thread";)). Then searching for evidence of hidden things and a few others, now im subscribed to a large number of threads all over here now. Im all over the place now. ;)
Nice introduction thread. Usually, they're one sentence or maybe two.
Thanks Pupik! I typed all this up on Microsoft Word first then posted it here. Took me several days to type it. I admit, there probably are still some errors on this. :scared: To be honest I am thinking about expanding it abit and adding a few more things. ;)

As revealed in this thread, it was technically you that brought me here. :) That email I sent you awhile back in 2011 regarding those save games is basically what brought me here. ;)

I kind of miss that cat avatar you used to have back when I was new here.

Somehow, I had a feeling it was my Gran Turismo demo research and codes that made you sign up here, haha.

I was more than happy to help :) congrats on one year!

Somehow, I had a feeling it was my Gran Turismo demo research and codes that made you sign up here, haha.
Yep it was! I think I made that glaringly obviously when I first came on here. ;) Them two early demo tracks, Midfield Raceway and Grindelwald you posted on Youtube are what made me want to come on here since I didn't see them on your thread, especially Grindelwald. :D Plus I knew you would probably want to know that the Pizza Hut Demo Disc 2 codes worked on other demos as well. ;) What started out as wanting to come here for just two track codes just to race on some tracks, has now become something I do everyday now. I have come a long way since then.
I was more than happy to help :) congrats on one year!
Thanks Xenn! :)👍 Im glad your always around to help with other people around here. :) You are one of the brightest video game hackers I have ever seen. 👍 Cheers to the next few years to come! :cheers:

I can still remember that NSX avatar you had that vandenal made for you when I first signed up here. ;) I kind of miss it to be honest.:guilty:

Stop writing all this and get to those custom Hot Wheels got dammit, dude!

Congrats on the year 👍

Congrats on the year. :cheers: :)👍

It'll be a year for me in 5 months and 3 days. :sly:

Stop writing all this and get to those custom Hot Wheels got dammit, dude!
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Speaking of which, I need to add customizing Hot Wheels under "How GTPlanet has changed my life." since that is a new hobby I got from here. ;) I also need to add that I am obsessed with collecting Hot Wheels as well under "Some things about me." ;)

Congrats on the year 👍
Thanks Cano! :) I hope to be here for any years to come. :cheers:
Eks
Congrats on the year. :cheers: :)👍

It'll be a year for me in 5 months and 3 days. :sly:
Thanks Eks! :) Sounds like your keeping track of how long you have been here. :lol:

Last edited:
Great Intro Thread, Sony - says so much about you, and prevents so many wrong assumptions. I'm glad you take this Forum seriously enough to respect both yourself and the community - you've made some good contributions, and I would think quite well-known (in a nice way) considering your short time here, and uninflated post count.

Good Luck, and may you go from strength to strength in this community! 👍

Well it has been 3 years today since I registered here and I think it is time I add a little something more to this thread! :)

While this thread hasn't been updated in over 2 years, a lot has changed since I made this thread and even more has changed since I registered. I have learned a lot in my 3 years of membership here and I am much more careful about what I post than I used to be. I honestly have learned a lot more about grammar on this awesome website than ever did in school. It's still not perfect at times, but when I post I always try my best. :) Truthfully I don't post as much as I used to, I will admit, I have been stupid before and I have had some things happen on here that I wish I could forget and things I wish I hadn't have said. (Let's be serious here, who hasn't?) I tend to get stressed over the smallest things and I cannot really handle debates or arguments too well most of the time. The way I look at it is, if I don't post much, I am far less likely to get into those situations and say something I will regret later, so I just don't post a whole lot.

The only thing that hasn't changed however is my avatar. :lol: I still like it a lot and I still cannot find one I like better. Even after the transition from GTP11 to GTP12, despite having to reupload it, I still have the same avatar and it has been the same for 3 years today.

I have made plenty of friends here over the years. I have people on here I can talk to just about anytime whether it is to discuss a personal matter or just to chill, they are just around the corner! :) I am a nice guy and I try to get along with everybody and it tends to pay off. I always enjoy getting to know new people on here and I try to make it all worth while when I do. :)

Of course like any normal member, I have encountered people I don't like on here and ones I don't exactly get along with. Thankfully there are not many within that field for me. If I don't like a certain member, I still try to be nice to them if I can, but I do agitated easily at times so it's not always easy as you can imagine. If they post in a forum I hardly visit I simply avoid them if I can. It wasn't until recently I finally decided to add people to my ignore list. It is kind of a last resort for me, but if I get annoyed just by the things they post then I guess it is time to add them to the ignore list. Luckily my ignore list isn't too long either and I try to keep it short anyway. If you reply to this thread and I don't reply back, chances are you are one of the few that is on my ignore list. ;)

Some more things I can add on how GTPlanet has changed my life is how some of them have created a new hobby for me. The Hot Wheels and Matchbox Customizing thread created by R1600Turbo is one thread I can easily point to and it was actually one I meant to add here from the beginning. :indiff: I never knew how much fun it was to customize until I started doing it, now it is another hobby I enjoy doing and it helps get my mind of certain things if I am having a bad day. This site has also changed my outlook on the Gran Turismo series all together as well. I have learned a lot of interesting things about it I probably would have never known otherwise if I hadn't have joined this site. Getting news about upcoming updates in GT6 is always something I enjoy reading and it gives me something to look forward to when I play Gran Turismo 6. :)

I have had many great times on this site, learned a lot of important things, and to think it all started 3 years ago today just because I wanted to get some gameshark codes for a demo of Gran Turismo 2 and to share a little information. I never did think I would get as much out of GTPlanet as I have. As I said earlier, it was Xenn who made me want to join this site and that is a decision I do not regret whatsoever. I will admit, I have come close to leaving a couple times and even asking for a permanent ban, but when it comes to that point, I stop and think about what made me want to join here and what I would do otherwise if I left. Considering I am not sure what I would do if I left and I could miss out on some good stuff, that is why I am still here! :)

In conclusion, I am proud to be a member here for 3 years straight and I commend Jordan for creating this awesome website and the wonderful community it has become! :) I have enjoyed being a part of this site and I hope to be here for many more years to come! :cheers:!

Back