My F1 is going to die in the F1 series.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shadow Fox
  • 16 comments
  • 800 views
Messages
59
My Raybrig NSX's oil was really bad after the Pro GT All-Stars series race. In this guy's FAQ from GameFAQs, he states that the Pro GT All-Stars is 450 miles of racing. He then says that the Formula GT is about 934 miles of racing. I'll probably reach that oil meter warning by the 3rd or 5th race. The last track (Cote d'Azur) alone is an endurance race. I'm wondering how your F1s turned out after this.
 
Well, it lost a bit of power - but you do win an F1 car at the end, so it's not so bad.
 
i was having problems with this one.. in the end i set the gear ratios really close to take the win at Monaco i won by 25 seconds or so ;)
 
I just spend the howl Saturday and Sunday racing that tihs, but 6 hours of str8 TV screen time, probably had taken me 11 hours. 4 of the 10 races I had to restart and only 3 were easy. This race was harder then the vitz races were you just put hard tyres and win in the pits.
THIS RACE U MUST DRIVE!! AND PIT MORE.
 
Your F1 will not die in this series. It will only lose about 15 hp. As an FYI, the oil ight will come on at 189 miles. There's no way to extend it beyond that range. Any and every car, 189 miles. PD took a shortcut here.

as for the race it self, check out this boat load of info The Final Race - write-up.

Follow my strategy, and you should win without a problem. Keep in mind that I'm not Mario Andretti. You can hit these marks without a problem.

Best of luck.

AO
 
The F1 series is too long.
I have lost all interest in GT3 right now because im stuck in the middle of that series. It gets extremely boring and tiring going around the same tracks 70+ laps.
 
Originally posted by Der Alta
Your F1 will not die in this series. It will only lose about 15 hp. As an FYI, the oil ight will come on at 189 miles. There's no way to extend it beyond that range. Any and every car, 189 miles. PD took a shortcut here.

as for the race it self, check out this boat load of info The Final Race - write-up.

Follow my strategy, and you should win without a problem. Keep in mind that I'm not Mario Andretti. You can hit these marks without a problem.

Best of luck.

AO

Is that all 189 miles? I feel like an idiot, at the end of Romce Circuit 2 hours my oil light came on in the last 2 laps, I then nursed it around the track in 5th at about 2,000rpm so that I wouldnt hurt my engine permanently. I didnt know that all that mattered was distance in miles I just thought it was how high you rev
 
yep. 189 miles. That's it, nothing more. So basically you're doomed to suffer the Hp loss (really a net gain from when you bought it/won it).

Nursing it does no good. Just run it flat out, and work that engine.

AO
 
i put my F094/H through the series and lost 45hp.
i don't know how you can go through and lose 15.
most of it came back with the oil, anyway.
 
Your F1 won't die... but your thumbs will!!!

I used the black #15 Polyphony/Elf F687/S for this series. This was the first race in which I used this car, and I gave it a pre-race oil change (the F687/S starts with 888 hp). It started the series with 0.0 mi and 932 hp...

Unfortunately, I didn't record the mileage/hp readings after the first 2 races. 30 laps @ Mid-Field works out to ~67 mi, and 40 laps @ Seattle is ~96 mi. My oil light went on before the first checkpoint of Race 3, lap 9 (27 laps @ Grand Valley). Post-race Mileage/HP readings for the remaining races were as follows...

Race 3: 27 Laps @ Grand Valley Speedway [3.121 mi]
F687/S - 245.3 mi, 888 hp
Race 4: 50 Laps @ Super Speedway [1.494 mi]
F687/S - 320.1 mi, 887 hp
Race 5: 28 Laps @ Rome Circuit [2.459 mi]
F687/S - 390.2 mi, 870 hp
Race 6: 25 Laps @ Test Course [6.426 mi]
F687/S - 555.3 mi, 870 hp
Race 7: 33 Laps @ Laguna Seca Raceway [2.276 mi]
F687/S - 628.8 mi, 870 hp
Race 8: 27 Laps @ Apricot Hill Raceway [3.121 mi]
F687/S - 693.8 mi, 870 hp
Race 9: 25 Laps @ Tokyo Route 246 [3.182 mi]
F687/S - 774.9 mi, 870 hp
Race 10: 78 Laps @ Cote d'Azur [2.090 mi]
F687/S - 937.3 mi, 870 hp

While I noticed performance wasn't as good as my test-runs, I never felt like it would be taking me out of the running. And while I wasn't going against the F094/S for the whole series, I was beating it handily during my test runs (the F094/H and F090/S were the 2 most competitive in the opposing field).

Also noteworthy is the opponents' oil lights never come on (check the cockpit view replays). They also don't run ASM nor TCS...

Anyway, if you haven't run much in the F1's, just stay within your limits at first to get used to the handling, and accel/decel (no matter which one you use). These cars have a nice side-effect of emphasizing any driver's bad habits, and are great to learn with.

Other than that, just keep pluggin!

Have a great drive!

Hazzard
 
Yea it happens, but you can still win :D... Unfortunately after so many series some HP is lost permanentely :banghead: But that's racing :gcar:?
 
I think most of you played the Monaco endurance race before entering the Formula GT thing. So you should know the track well enough. I am currently playing this and the final one is close up.
When playing the endurance race I achieved nine laps with one set of tyres, lap times about 1:20.xxx. I think the AI cars will pit after eight laps, so no problem.
Even if the AI does not (could be different maybe) you should be fast enough to compensate. You should set the TCS to 6 so you do not slide in the hairpin and the chicane. As always try to drive precise and smooth, let the car do the turn not your thumb.
If you have problems you are too slow, sorry.
 
Originally posted by Power Slay`d
This race was harder then the vitz races were you just put hard tyres and win in the pits.
WHAT!?!?! No it is not harder than Vitz. Well, the racing part is. But I like it. Vitz is nothing compared to the last liscense test.(passed)
 
Originally posted by German wunderkind
I think most of you played the Monaco endurance race before entering the Formula GT thing. So you should know the track well enough. I am currently playing this and the final one is close up.
When playing the endurance race I achieved nine laps with one set of tyres, lap times about 1:20.xxx. I think the AI cars will pit after eight laps, so no problem.
Even if the AI does not (could be different maybe) you should be fast enough to compensate. You should set the TCS to 6 so you do not slide in the hairpin and the chicane. As always try to drive precise and smooth, let the car do the turn not your thumb.
If you have problems you are too slow, sorry.

Right, in the Monaco race in Formula GT, you need to follow your own strategy, as sometimes the AI will go 15 laps without a stop, sometimes 8. You need to dial out all the rear toe - this will markedly increase your tyre life. And you should be looking to do 1:17s at least.
 
lol i won it without any technical settings on my f090/s.i just lowered it and maybe lengthened or shortened the gears alittle. The best way to permanently ruining ur formula one car is just to win a copy of it. the F090/s is the easiest one to win. It'z at the super speedway endurance. Just use the rubber band trick with the escudo. who cares if the escudo loses hp, it's got enuf already.
 
My F094/S went from 829hp-813hp in the 78 Lap Monaco F1 race. My best lap was 1:14:578; I am pretty much the fastest person I know with the F1's.
 
Originally posted by 12sec. Civic
My F094/S went from 829hp-813hp in the 78 Lap Monaco F1 race. My best lap was 1:14:578; I am pretty much the fastest person I know with the F1's.

Just had to try...

Gave my F094/S an oil change (the one from my 2nd gamesave), and took it to the track. I started with 813 hp and 1491.0 miles. Dualshock 2, automatic tranny, default settings for the F094/S, and 20 minutes of hard driving...

1.14.244

That's a helluva lap you posted, 12 sec.. but even the time I just posted doesn't compare to these... what the hell are those guys on??

Have a great drive!

Hazzard
 
Back