My favorite tuning app is out now for FM5

• Thread starter HAL20XX
  • 6 comments
United States
The Motor City
HAL20xx
HAL20xx
Forzatune is now available for FM5 if anyone here is interested. I've been using this app since FM3 and it's awesome at creating solid base tunes. I've yet to compare my times with and without the tunes, but I can instantly tell that with the tune my cars become much more predictable and also easier to toss around.

I think it's kind of interesting that in the FM3 and 4 versions, -1.0° front and -1.0° rear camber was the default setting, but in FM5 it's around -1.6° front and -2.2° rear. Pretty telling about the updated physics engine.

I've just started messing around with the gearing tuner as well. It aims to keep you in the power band and I'm impressed with all of the input data it uses to calculate the ideal gearing.

It's available for iPhone and Android though I've been using it on my iPad Mini and it works great.
http://forzatune.com/
($1.99)

I've still been using the old app for FM3, so I've still been using the -1.0/-1.0. I may have to check out that app to see if the results feel any better for me. Unfortunately, I can't test my tunes using a hired driver now, while in previous games I could compare my tuning setup versus the default settings by comparing lap times set by a hired driver. "Why not just compare your own times?" I'm inconsistent, so my laps could be better or worse not because of my settings but because of little errors I make here and there. With FM3 and FM4 my setups were better than stock and I could tell that because the hired driver would be maybe two seconds quicker with my setups but I can't tell that for FM5.

I've still been using the old app for FM3, so I've still been using the -1.0/-1.0. I may have to check out that app to see if the results feel any better for me. Unfortunately, I can't test my tunes using a hired driver now, while in previous games I could compare my tuning setup versus the default settings by comparing lap times set by a hired driver. "Why not just compare your own times?" I'm inconsistent, so my laps could be better or worse not because of my settings but because of little errors I make here and there. With FM3 and FM4 my setups were better than stock and I could tell that because the hired driver would be maybe two seconds quicker with my setups but I can't tell that for FM5.
That's a brilliant way to test it! Wish I heard of that and too bad it's not possible in FM5.

I downloaded this app and so far I like it. It seems to do more than the old ForzaDroid app and feels more current.

I do love this App.....use it on my phone....usualy I dont have to mess with anything but I have a queston about the gearing side of things.....Im having a hard time finding the max torque/rpms/power...Is there a certian track you try it on or a certain gear??....I wish I could pause when I think the numbers are at its highest...Some cars it gets it right but sometimes it puts my gearing WAY high.....(has alot of topend)

I do love this App.....use it on my phone....usualy I dont have to mess with anything but I have a queston about the gearing side of things.....Im having a hard time finding the max torque/rpms/power...Is there a certian track you try it on or a certain gear??....I wish I could pause when I think the numbers are at its highest...Some cars it gets it right but sometimes it puts my gearing WAY high.....(has alot of topend)
I start by trying to get those on the upgrade screen. Try accessing something like the air intake and press up on the d-pad until you see hp and tq mapped out. If it's still too hard to tell, take it out for a test drive (I don't have a particular track but one with a long straightaway would be ideal) and use 3rd gear. It'll take a little trial and error. It took me a while to get the max torque rpm for the Indy Car. Some cars just have set ups where the calc has trouble with them. Check out the troubleshooting section in the app. It has some pretty good tips.

I start by trying to get those on the upgrade screen. Try accessing something like the air intake and press up on the d-pad until you see hp and tq mapped out. If it's still too hard to tell, take it out for a test drive (I don't have a particular track but one with a long straightaway would be ideal) and use 3rd gear. It'll take a little trial and error. It took me a while to get the max torque rpm for the Indy Car. Some cars just have set ups where the calc has trouble with them. Check out the troubleshooting section in the app. It has some pretty good tips.
Ok..not infront of it right now but didnt realize the torque mapped out in the upgrade section but Ill check it out..Thanx

Latest Posts

Back