My Fictional Livery Collection

• Thread starter PMK
  • 2 comments

PMK

Netherlands
Netherlands
Pamuknai_K
Welcome to this little lighthearted project of mine.

WRX STI GT3/GTE

So over the past year i've collected around a hundred fictional liveries for different GR.3 and GR.4 cars. Most of these weren't done from scratch but instead created by others and edited. What i've done is edit them in a way to represent realistic fictional liveries for various fictional and real life teams. Most of these liveries that were created were either bland or open for editing so i decided to start this little project of mine by adding sponsors, decals for their respective series and add other little quirks belonging to the car or team. I wanna thank all those who create livery designs in their free time because without them, i wouldn't be able to do this fun little personal project (i'm incredibly bad with making base livery designs).

I also put them in a database (iphone notes app lol) where i put various details for the cars including: Team, Series, Class, Sponsors, Wheels, Team Base/HQ, special notes specific for that livery and fictional best results. I also added a fictional "reveal article" for all fictional Gran Turismo spec GR vehicles (ex: Subaru WRX GR.3, Jaguar F Type GR.3).

I mostly did this because i love the idea of fictional GT3/GT4/GTE entries. I often write in my free time so i guess that's where most of the fantasy comes from. I had a few friends that said i should just post them atleast somewhere, so here we are.

• Notes: I haven't gone that deep into the vehicle chassis themselves. For example, i haven't done any recording of chassis numbers or vehicles produced for teams etc. These "reveal articles" i type out are also just for fun, they're probably not completely accurate when it comes to specs. I'm a 21 year old studying psychology with no real expansive mechanical knowledge after all:dopey:.
  • Some of the earlier liveries i edited like the Subie and the Jag aren't that good in terms of adornment details (LED strips, model/brand stickers, leader lights, endurance front lights, general series specific stickers etc) or sticker colours. For example, the second Jag livery has coloured sponsors on the car while having them white would probably look a lot better). Also, only until very late i discovered that you can fill in the window banner with colours you want yourself and also how much. So if anyones wondering why a car that isn't in IMSA suddenly has different colours on the side of the banner, thats why.
  • They are also not entirely accurate in terms of sponsors that a specific team might've used in a specific year that the livery is based in. There's some instances where i have put sponsors on a team's car even though they were only sponsored by that brand/company in the near future. I've made sure this isn't the case for 80% of liveries however as i found it quite fun to find out what sponsors a team had during a specific year.
  • Neither are most of the racing numbers, i don't take into account the racing numbers other cars have used in a livery's specific season or race. So while i might've made a livery with number #7, there might as well be a real car that used that number in the season i put that livery in. The same goes for made up season/race results.
  • I only added drivers and their respective names onto the car for the first few cars but i realized how much work that was so i might add these later on, for now i won't though.
  • I haven't got the real racing numbers for any livery in the GT Open series, so those won't be accurate.
  • In Super GT, entries have names for the "machine", often stating the model and main sponsor. For example, this years Goodsmile Racing entry is called "GOODSMILE HATSUNEMIKU AMG" and MACH racing's entry is called "MACHSYAKEN AIR BUSTER MC86 MACH GO". I will be stating these for my respective SGT entries.
  • For some reason, Pirelli tyres are not available in the lineup of tyre manufacturers even though some race cars have them as their basic tyre set (Supra GT4, F Type GR3 etc).
  • Locations of headquarters/base might not be accurate. Sometimes, there's very little information or none at all. So i will put the location based on what i find on the internet or their social media.
  • Since most of these are based on liveries made by others, i won't be able to share my versions with anyone but i will credit those who made the original liveries. Once again, thank you for making this possible livery and decal creators.

Final note: I haven't made any distinguishable changes regarding the differences between GT3 or GTE. I've put various GT3 based vehicles in series like WEC and IMSA. That's just something that you've got to leave to imagination i guess ;).
Edit: I now have updated these by noting if it's an GTE spec vehicle. Obviously, visually there will be no difference. But "lore" wise, i will point out if a vehicle is GTE.

First up: The 2014 Subaru WRX STI GT3/GTE built by STI, R&D Sport & ProDrive.

January 2014

"Subaru has unveiled their new GT contender, the WRX STI GT3. Built to FIA GT Regulations, Subaru Technica International (STI) partnered up with succesful racing car constructor Prodrive and loyal Subaru partner R&D Sport to get it race ready.

Subaru has got an expansive history with Prodrive, bringing them great succes in the 90's and 2000's. They have also built the Aston Martin GT racers in the past 20 years and have had tons of succes with their own built Ferrari 550 GTS Maranello. Now, after a 6 year break since the 2008 World Rally Championship, they are back working with Subaru, this time together with Subaru's motorsports division, Subaru Tecnica International.

On the other side is R&D Sport, a team that competes in the Super GT Series solely using Subaru vehicles. They have been partnered up with Subaru for over 4 years and more recently STI, with STI's general director taking the role of principle within R&D Sports. R&D have already developed the BRZ GT300 together with STI in 2012 and will run a WRX themselves besides their BRZ this season. Their slogan? Proud of BOXER.

The car is based on the performance version of the newest WRX model. The car has lost it's Impreza moniker and is only available as a sedan sportscar but it is still a high speed racing machine that will bring the WRX - and with it the spirit of the Impreza - back to the track.

The new WRX STI GT3 is powered by the famous STI tuned EJ20Y flat four boxer turbo engine in a 2.5L format with an output of 561 BHP at 7500 RPM. It used a Prodrive 6 speed sequential which is located in the back just like the AP Racing clutch and is equipped with Fujitsubo side exhausts, STI brake pads, BMC air filters, Bilstein suspension and 18 inch BBS wheels. Motul provides motor oil for teams running this car. Interior has been fully optimized for STI Performance standards following FIA regulations, containing a Takata racing harness, RECARO seats and a ViewTec dash display with Bosch taking care of the control unit. The WRX STI GT3 is one of the first GT3 cars that is not based on a full fledged sports/super car, making it the first of it's kind. While the car is heavily based on the road going version of the WRX STI, it's exterior says otherwise. With R&D's Super GT knowledge, it looks just like a GT300 silhouette car.

Besides the GT3, STI and Prodrive are also building three GTE variants for competition at Le Mans. This will of course be a more powerful car than the GT3.

Subaru is planning to field to WRX's in the 2015 24 hours of Le Mans but are already taking orders from customer teams this year. So far, Team Mach and of course R&D Sports are confirmed to run the WRX in the 2014 Super GT series while the team that ran the famous Impreza WRX GT300 in Super GT, CUSCO, has showed interest. So far, no teams outside of Japan have been confirmed to run the car.

Want one? The starting price for this returning legend is around 270.000 euro's or about 350.000 dollars."

Last edited:
Livery #1 - A livery based on Subaru's N24 efforts
Original Made by Nightracer7076

Subaru Tecnica International #114
2021 Total 24h of Nurburgring
Class: SP9 GT3
Main Sponsor: STI/Subaru
Sponsors: Falken - STI Performance - Fujitsubo - Motul
Wheels: BBS
Drivers: Carlo van Dam - Kota Sasaki - Takuto Iguchi - Tim Schick
Based in: Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan
Result: 1st place finish
Notes: First time Subaru overall N24 win, first Japanese manufacturer to outright win N24

IMG-9237.JPG
IMG-9239.JPG
IMG-9238.JPG

Last edited:
Livery #2
Original made by PMR_Swissracer66

Panther Motorsport #335
2019 Blancpain GT Series Endurance
Class: Pro
Main Sponsor: Dyson
Sponsors: Intercontinental Hotels Group - Liqui Moly - Fanatec - Bristol Street Motors
Wheels: Enkei
Drivers: Martin Short - Ian Stinton - Antonio Garcia
Based in: Bristol, UK

IMG-9240.JPG
IMG-9241.JPG
IMG-9242.JPG

Last edited:
Back