My first 5.59.139 laptime on the Ring (DS3) - setup inside

Hello everyone,

I am so happy, I have to tell someone who can understand my situation. After two days of trying I finally managed to drive a valid laptime of under 6 minutes on the Nürburgring. I constantly worked my way down from 6.20.xxx to now finally 5.59.139 as my personal best.

The car I did it with is the Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car '89. A lovely car. I tweaked a bit on the setup and after that it had neither over- or understeer nor whatsoever problems anymore and sticked to the concrete like it has been glued to it. :drool: It really has the absolute perfect handling! :bowdown:

I know that not everyone is going to be impressed by this time but it was a hard challenge for me as a DS3 user. So I am fairly proud of myself. :)

Not a big storyteller because English isn't my native language (as some may have recognized) but I just wanted to tell it someone.

The proof:

p0802112330.jpg

If anyone would like to have an inside in the setup..just tell me and I will publish it.

Thank you very much for reading.

Regards, CF

Last edited:
With DS3 I brought the F10 lap down to 5:16, GT-One down to 5:45, Zonda R down to 6:17, X2010 down to 3:54.

Now I have the DFGT wheel, and it is a handful in the very fast cars, but Golds on the Vettel challenge are still do-able. Vettel challenge cannot be won with even a silver using the DS3, wheel is way faster. Beware my DFGT requires a strong grip on straightaways, I was getting carpel tunnel syndrome, along with arm exhaustion after 5 laps in the X2010.

The Loeb challenges are also nearly impossible using DS3, in fact I couldnt do but one of them with the controller.

Since you said you would give your setup if someone asked, may I ask what setup you used? Then I have some basic setup for this car to work on.:) Then I can try to beat your time with the DS3, hehe.

Cheers!

:cheers:

Since you said you would give your setup if someone asked, may I ask what setup you used? Then I have some basic setup for this car to work on.:) Then I can try to beat your time with the DS3, hehe.

Cheers!

:cheers:

GT Auto:
Oil Change

Tuning Shop:
Turbo Stage 3
Racing Soft Tyres

Downforce
- 60/85

Transmission
- Top Speed : 410 km/h

Adjustable LSD (Front/Rear)
- Initial Torque : -/35
- Acceleration Sensitivity : -/55
- Braking Sensitivity : -/50

Suspension (Front/Rear)
- Ride Height : -12/-10
- Spring Rate : 15.8/14.8
- Dampers (Extension) : 7/4
- Dampers (Compression) : 4/2
- Anti-Roll Bars : 6/4

Wheel Alignment (Front/Rear)
- Camber angle : 2.6/2.2
- Toe Angle : -0.10/+0.15

Brakes (Front/Rear)
- Brake Balance 5/5

Tuning setup is otimized for good conditions and racing soft tyres.
All Aids are off but ABS:1.

The tune was especially made for Nürburgring Nordschleife. I don't know how it will work on other tracks but I think it could use a harder suspension on less bouncier tracks then the Ring.

Hope it will help you to reach your goal. Be a little bit carefull not to floor the gaspedal completely before you are going straight. :)

Interesting....:
Toe Angle : -0.10/+0.15

You have toe out in the front and toe-in at the rear. May I ask what you are trying to accomplish here?

Interesting....:
Toe Angle : -0.10/+0.15

You have toe out in the front and toe-in at the rear. May I ask what you are trying to accomplish here?

I dont know exactly. I found the same toe settings for dozens of cars and they worked out brilliantly on the Sauber C9..

With DS3 I brought the F10 lap down to 5:16, GT-One down to 5:45, Zonda R down to 6:17, X2010 down to 3:54.

Now I have the DFGT wheel, and it is a handful in the very fast cars, but Golds on the Vettel challenge are still do-able. Vettel challenge cannot be won with even a silver using the DS3, wheel is way faster. Beware my DFGT requires a strong grip on straightaways, I was getting carpel tunnel syndrome, along with arm exhaustion after 5 laps in the X2010.

The Loeb challenges are also nearly impossible using DS3, in fact I couldnt do but one of them with the controller.

5:45 is an impressive time! That would mean I have to cut almost 15 seconds somewhere ;) That is going to be one tough challenge :scared:

Back