My first endurance race in GT5

• Thread starter Eezee
  • 3 comments
Finland
Espoo
Sqeezee-__-
Hey guys!

I haven't done any endurance racing since I played GT2 as a kid. My favourite there was the Apricot Hill race which I raced quite a few times actually.

I've been thinking about trying one in GT5 for quite some time now, I just haven't found out what car/race combo would be the funnest so I've been putting it off. I finally put some more thought into it the other day and figured that the Laguna Seca 200 miles could be a good one to start with because it's not that long and exhausting as some of the others are. Went through the usual opponents and figured that if I used the premium Honda NSX '02 I could have some real competition with the AI. I loaded the event, put on some sports hards and off I went.

Lap #1-2 Passed all of the AI, DAMN IT!

At this point I was wondering if I should just quit the race and pick a slower car/worse tyres because this was just going to be another event where I try and just hotlap myself. The thing that actually kept me racing was the NSX and how lovely it is to drive.

Lap #2-32 Hotlapping

From lap 2 to maybe lap 7 I spent getting used to how the car behaves on this track and familiarizing myself with Laguna Seca itself. Did a 1:39.812 on I think lap 15 which was my best lap before I pitted on lap 32. At this point the AI had dropped 40 seconds behind. Endurance racing has really opened the world of tyre wear to me, in regular seasonal/A-spec events you don't really ever need to adapt your driving style to the tyre wear. It's great fun.

Lap #33-64 More hotlapping

I'm really starting to warm up to Laguna Seca, but there are still a few hateful corners. I don't think I've got turns 3 or 5 correct once throughout the whole race. It's annoying. My best lap on this stint was 1:38:8xx and I could probably drop it down to 1:37's if I could get those turns right...

Lap #64-90 Nothing to report

Really, nothing happened. I lapped some opponents and in the end I beat the 2nd car by a lap. :grumpy:

#Conclusion

I need to pick slower cars for these events. Much slower. It was a nice start though and I really enjoyed my first endurance race even though it was rather boring at times.

Which one do you guys think I should try next and with what car?

Hey guys!

I haven't done any endurance racing since I played GT2 as a kid. My favourite there was the Apricot Hill race which I raced quite a few times actually.

I've been thinking about trying one in GT5 for quite some time now, I just haven't found out what car/race combo would be the funnest so I've been putting it off. I finally put some more thought into it the other day and figured that the Laguna Seca 200 miles could be a good one to start with because it's not that long and exhausting as some of the others are. Went through the usual opponents and figured that if I used the premium Honda NSX '02 I could have some real competition with the AI. I loaded the event, put on some sports hards and off I went.

Lap #1-2 Passed all of the AI, DAMN IT!

At this point I was wondering if I should just quit the race and pick a slower car/worse tyres because this was just going to be another event where I try and just hotlap myself. The thing that actually kept me racing was the NSX and how lovely it is to drive.

Lap #2-32 Hotlapping

From lap 2 to maybe lap 7 I spent getting used to how the car behaves on this track and familiarizing myself with Laguna Seca itself. Did a 1:39.812 on I think lap 15 which was my best lap before I pitted on lap 32. At this point the AI had dropped 40 seconds behind. Endurance racing has really opened the world of tyre wear to me, in regular seasonal/A-spec events you don't really ever need to adapt your driving style to the tyre wear. It's great fun.

Lap #33-64 More hotlapping

I'm really starting to warm up to Laguna Seca, but there are still a few hateful corners. I don't think I've got turns 3 or 5 correct once throughout the whole race. It's annoying. My best lap on this stint was 1:38:8xx and I could probably drop it down to 1:37's if I could get those turns right...

Lap #64-90 Nothing to report

Really, nothing happened. I lapped some opponents and in the end I beat the 2nd car by a lap. :grumpy:

#Conclusion

I need to pick slower cars for these events. Much slower. It was a nice start though and I really enjoyed my first endurance race even though it was rather boring at times.

Which one do you guys think I should try next and with what car?

I think Jearmy Clarkson did a 1:41 in a NSX in GT4

Back