My first impressions of DC

• Thread starter JR98
  • 16 comments
United Kingdom
The UK
JASON_ROCKS1998
JR98 GAMING
I have played DC for a few hours, just done the amateur cup and played 2 online races.

OVERVIEW

th

Driveclub is a great game. The car list is pretty good, the track's are well designed, the online is very stable, the cars handle very well for an arcade racer and it looks better than any other racing game out there. The Tour mode is very expansive. For free you get 3 Tours, with more being added as DLC, and each Tour is a different career mode. The Multiplayer is good, and leads to some tense racing.

CARS

th

For a racing game, cars are very important. DC's car list is very expansive. In the Hot Hatch class you have the VW Golf GTI and Audi A1 Sportback. In the Sports class you have the Lotus Evora S and Audi RS5, in the Performance Class you have the Ferrari California and RUF RGT-8. In the Super class you have the Ferrari 458 Italia and McLaren MP4-12C. In the Hyper class you have the McLaren P1 and Pagani Zonda R. Each car is immesly detailed and all cars (Apart from the Ferrari 599XX) has customizable liveries. Every car handles differently. The McLaren P1 also has DRS and KERS available for extra acceleration.

TRACKS

th

Driveclub may not have as many tracks as Forza or Gran Turismo but they are very well designed will beautiful backdrops in countries across the world including Scotland, Japan and India. Each country has a few mountain roads and a few race tracks. All tracks are well done and have brilliant scenery surrounding them

WORLD TOUR

th

Driveclub's career mode is the World Tour. For free you get 3 World Tours, with more as DLC. Each Tour spans over 50 events and spans all car classes and has a wide variety of events. Each event has a number of objectives to complete, completing these objectives earns stars, which unlocks more events. These objectves may be "Finish in the top 3", "Set a lap time of 1:35" or "Reach 175MPH". Currently I have just completed the Ametuer Cup, and the AI gets better after each "Cup".

POINTS SYSTEM

th

Doing events, overtaking oponents, completing face offs and more get you DC XP. Gaining XP levels you up, and gives you access to more cars, paint schemes, events and more. There is Driver and Club XP. Club XP unlocks exclusive Club Cars for all Club Members. These include Bentley Continental GT V8 and VW Golf GTI. Points are easy to get, with some events giving up to 100,000 XP.

CLUBS

th

Driveclub features Clubs that are groups of freinds who earn XP together by completing events and winning face offs. Each Club has it's own Club Livery that can be used on any car for any members of that club. Being in a club is optional but allows for more chances to earn XP. Being in a club offers more chances to earn exclusive bonuses.

MULTIPLAYER

th

Driveclub's multiplayer is brilliant. It is simple, stable and packs alot of close races. My first online race was in an Evora S, it was a tense race and I finished 3rd overal. In my second race it was a performance class race, I could use a Maserati Gran Turismo S or a Bentley Continental GT Speed, I chose the Bentley. I had a decent start, and a Ferrari Californai ahead of me was weaving, trying to stop all cars from passing. I shot past him at speed and took 2nd. Only an Aston Martin to pass. Then a drift face off was ahead. The Aston tried to do it while I ignored it, and I passed the Aston at 67% race completion. I then won the race.

OVERALL:

Overall, DriveClub is an excellent racing game and is definitely the best racing game currently on PS4, at least until Project CARS or GT7 is out.

Nice review/points.

I am really enjoying DC.
I haven't played very long but I joined a Club and been having a blast taking on the challenges and repeatedly attempting to best my times and everyone else's. I personally don't feel bored/tired even if I repeat an event for hours.

I read it somewhere else on this forum, about automatic transmission being better for faster times. I was playing all-manual since the beginning and yesterday I tried out automatic. I am faster. And since you can shift up-down you can somewhat control your speed. This is using a controller, in my case.

It's the first racing game where I am in love with the slower cars. :D

Nice review/points.

I am really enjoying DC.
I haven't played very long but I joined a Club and been having a blast taking on the challenges and repeatedly attempting to best my times and everyone else's. I personally don't feel bored/tired even if I repeat an event for hours.

I read it somewhere else on this forum, about automatic transmission being better for faster times. I was playing all-manual since the beginning and yesterday I tried out automatic. I am faster. And since you can shift up-down you can somewhat control your speed. This is using a controller, in my case.

It's the first racing game where I am in love with the slower cars. :D
The slow cars feel faster than the LMP stuff on GT, sense of speed is great. My favourite car so far is the BMW M5 2013, but I so need to try out the P1 with it's KERS and DRS!

Don't listen to the fun police, they like to tell everyone what to do despite them not being moderators.

Don't listen to the fun police, they like to tell everyone what to do despite them not being moderators.
Irrespective, it's just against forum policy...so just being neighbourly, despite what you might think.

No, too much off-topic in here already, don't want to get told off.
That didn't seem to be a problem earlier, and I'm curious; so indulge me. If 'hater's gonna hate' is your stance about the game, then it is also not off-topic.

@JASON_ROCKS1998 I'm glad you like it and made the move to buy it-I have found it only gets better with time since launch as each update they are listening to the feedback on facebook/twitter media then updating within a few weeks. It is great Evo DC are interacting it makes a refreshing change, I agree with pretty much what you said-Nice little write up and I am sure people appreciate the time you took for future buyers 👍.

Back